D&D General Welcome Thread

geekalogian

First Post
Hey everyone! Call me Ronnie, I'm a midwestern gamer of many different flavors. Grew up on Harnmaster, Champions, and Traveler, but most recently I've been running a lot of 5e and Weave and HOPING to branch out into the zillion other game systems I have amassed in my collection.

Happy to be around!

Hi!

My name is Thomas Biskup. I'm a native German and started roleplaying in the early 80s with the red D&D basic box. I'm an avid collector of roleplayong games owning by now more than 500 games (games, not books - probably more around 800, but it's been a while since I last counted).

In the past ten years I mostly have been active with my computer game ADOM (a roguelike classic, https://www.adom.de) and now we are branching out into actual roleplaying with the ADOM RPG (see https://www.adom-rpg.com), which will be running its own Kickstarter around mid-January.

This also is the main reason for me becoming more active in this pen & paper RPG community.

Looking forward to great discussions!

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
Long time player, 2E, and I actually had an account here from 2002-2003 but it's been long lost. I figured I'd give you guys another look and see what I can especially since you have the 5E optimization guide, which is a good read.

I recognize your handle....was it the same back in 2002?

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
Hello to all! I've been playing for about a decade, at first just DnD, but now I have a sizeable collection ranging all over diff systems. (One of my faves I want to run some day is Mouseguard first edition) I run two games in person, one is close friends, and the other is also friends but all my players and myself are autistic.

I have that Mouseguard 1e also...and have also never run it though I bought miniatures for it.

AntMcQ

First Post
Hi all. I'm completely new to this forum but not new to D&D. I started playing back in the early 80's with 1e and 2e AD&D playing for several years. Then I moved onto other things - but still kept my love of fantasy, adventures and other worlds - until a couple of years ago when some work colleagues in my new job asked me to play 5e with them! And then it was BAM! - it all came back!

So I'm playing and DM'ing 5e now and loving it. The addiction is back.

Will probably have lots of questions to ask - particularly about the campaign setting of Al Qadim. :)

Hello all.

Been RPG tabletop gaming off and on since 1991:

Mainly/mostly DnD; AD&D onward and secondary systems/books/add-ons

ShadowRun

Marvel/DC (TSR for Marvel and MEGS system with Pulsar Games update used for both universes afterwards)

Call of Cthulhu (2 game sessons only, players gave up)

D20 Star Wars and Warhammer 40K Rogue Trader (same GM for both, hated, since GM tried to merge them using only my characters as guinea pig - oh the holes in my character sheets)
---Rogue Trader is/was incomplete ["What's the range of Clairvoyance and Clairaudience?" (not listed in guide/rule book at that time) "really? you went online and some other GM said Clairvoyance and Clairaudience, both distance based information gathering psychic abilities, work only line of sight and won't work through closed doors and walls? What use is it then for a Navigator?"])
---Rogue Trader is the most depressing game I ever played! That's saying a lot after Call of Cthulhu (where if you're happy, you're probably insane). (In-game not real life) Billions killed daily to keep a mostly dead cyborg god-emperor alive, as a navigation beacon? And if you are psychic and not working for the Empire as a second class citizen, you could be next; even then your head was always right next to the chopping block.
---Because of this person both as a GM and player, I stopped RPGing for 7 years.

"Big Eyes, Small Mouth" (again same GM as above)

Magic Earth (web documentation, I can't find it anymore)

A few other one shot games.

I've tried a few online RPGs but with only dial-up internet at the time, the needed bandwidth/data downloads was too much and using my smartphone as a hotspot would just eat data (Ragnarok Online and Ebberron Online updates alone could be 1+ gigs). Not to mention the cheaters, squatters, and player killers in Ragnarok Online.

Mainly here to get updates on a class my current GM is letting me play (he supplied the documentation to me, playing "The Engineer" (L4) by J.K. Colyer (somewhere here), multi-classed with "The Artificer" (L3) by Johnny Tek at DM's Guild.

Last edited:

Lusksinger

Villager
Just registered - was looking for a friendly community to bounce ideas off of and to just enjoy the company of other tabletop players. 28-years-old, slowly preparing to DM my first campaign, and happy to get started meeting all of you.

Remove ads