• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What 4e products have you purchased?

What 4e Products have you purchased?

• 4e PHB

Votes: 130 50.8%
  • 4e DMG

Votes: 105 41.0%
  • 4e MM

Votes: 106 41.4%
  • 4e 3 core rulebooks gift set

Votes: 131 51.2%
  • FR Campaign Guide

Votes: 88 34.4%
  • FR Players Guide

Votes: 94 36.7%
  • Adventurer's Vault

Votes: 124 48.4%
  • DM screen

Votes: 95 37.1%
  • DU1 Dungeon Tiles

Votes: 58 22.7%
  • 4e Character Sheets

Votes: 28 10.9%
  • 4e Premium Dice

Votes: 6 2.3%
  • Against the Giants boosters

Votes: 71 27.7%
  • Other (Please explain below)

Votes: 77 30.1%

timbannock

Hero
Supporter
I've got the Core Boxed Set, Adventurer's Vault and FRPG (even though I don't use the setting).

I am planning on buying each years new set of corebooks, as well as the Martial Powers book coming out. Probably Manual of The Planes as well, and just mainly crunch books. I am also subscribing to DDI.

Ditto.

I also picked up the 4E for Dummies book.

I have all the minis I need, and premade dungeon tiles don't really interest me. The 4e DM screen sounds good, but I'm a patient man, so I'm not terribly worried about picking it up ASAP.

Insight

Adventurer
I will say I'm shocked at how many people actually purchased the character sheets, I mean from what I hear they are almost universally regarded as sub-par...it makes me wonder if this was a case of pre-ordering before the comments, the "collector"' mentality or something else.

I don't understand where this is coming from. The character sheets come in a nice, sturdy folder and include a ton of color-coded power cards. Way better than any D&D character sheets I've seen in the past. I know the other players in my group are jealous of my set ;)

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
I appreciate the effort, but it is very tempting to do a "corrected" version of the pole.

Maybe in a few weeks. (oh, gift set, Hs, screen (awesome), planning AV)

Voadam

Legend
I was given the 4e DMG as a birthday present. I am half-way through reading it. I have looked over a bit of the others as well. Lots of things I like, some I don't.

I was considering getting the PH and MM and others as pdfs, but the $25 price point is above what I was willing to spend on them currently and meant I have pushed it off, maybe indefinitely.

There is no free rule set srd for me to learn the game on and reference during play. It has enough of a price point barrier for me not to have spent my gaming budget on getting the pdfs while I am still running and interested in acquiring 3e/d20 stuff. I have also been significantly dissapointed with the OGL/GSL situation and WotC's attempts to knock out my future OGL pdf purchase options.

4e has a lot of neat things from what I have seen, but WotC has not made 4e as a whole package attractive enough for me to want to spend any money on the new system right now as opposed to 3e/d20 stuff which I am buying more of recently. Its a lot like Exalted, neat stuff but too expensive mechanically unsupported for my playstyle (I heavily use the online srd in my games) for me to want to spend the money on a new system and give up spending my gaming budget on a system I am familiar with and enjoy playing.

Voadam

Legend
Oh yeah, since I purchased some Alea Publishing 3e knight books I received some 4e paragon paths. So I guess that counts as having purchased a 4e product.

Greg K

Legend
I haven't bought anything and, as a result of the GSL, I may never.

While I like some of the 4e changes on the character creation side, I dislike too many other things to want to run or play 4e at this time.

Normally, I would wait to see if third parties fixed what I don't like just as they did with 3e. However, I am not happy with the GSL restrictions, WOTC's cancellation of the d20 license, and the result where some 3e companies are having to choose discontinuing excellent products either to produce 4e versions of their 3.5 products or just to avoid the hassle of updating products to use the OGL license.

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
I've purchased the gift set, one extra copy of the PHB, FRCS, FRPG, AV, & the DM Screen. My group loves it and so we've invested the small amount that these have cost us.

We always split the cost amongst the 5 people involved so it's about $5/book.

Oh yeah I've got the Spellgard adventure on order, as well as getting H1-H3

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads