What adventures are you thinking about running?

covaithe

Explorer
So, Covaithe, any hints on what your up-and-coming adventure involves? I have to admit I'm curious, Hoofchew's little dying speech makes me wonder if it's connected to that/him ...

Ha! Wouldn't you like to know. ;) Actually, I'll just tell you: no, I don't have anything specific planned to hang off of those hints; they're just a placeholder for possible future development.

What I'm working on at the moment involves undead in the Valley of Bone.

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
What I'm working on at the moment involves undead in the Valley of Bone.
Is it just me, or do I remember someone else talking about planning an adventure in the Valley of Bone? In any case, I think I'd enjoy that - and Raiyek should shine vs. undead, too. ;)
Also, I'd love to go on whatever path some of the people from Covaithe's short are going on. I'd like to further those relationships.
Definitely the same here. I think having this huge group as our first adventure will be pretty cool in a living world, too, if everyone sticks around. Gives us all a bunch of acquaintances and contacts in the adventuring world of Daunton. I just think it would be cool to come back to the tavern after an adventure and run into some of the people that you went after Hoofchew with and trade stories about what we've done since then. :D

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
I would recommend either posting in the discussion thread or the tavern thread, or both.

Also remember to email your proposal to the judges, if you haven't already.

I'm quite interested to see what this adventure's going to be all about ... maybe I'll get to find out first-hand. ;)

covaithe

Explorer
For recruiting, feel free to introduce it however you see fit. Having an NPC walk into the tavern is certainly the most common way, but if another way suits your game better, go for it.

Was your proposal the one that came in a week or two ago, where I couldn't connect the email address to an ENWorld username? If so, check your email for replies; there are one or two small clarifications that would be helpful.

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
I've just about got all my mess of scrap paper typed up to send to the judges... Might get it finished tonight.

JoeNotCharles

First Post
I was also planning on running an adventure, but now that there are two recruiting I'll wait until they're in motion and then figure out if there are enough people still waiting to continue with it now. If there aren't I'll save it until we get some new sign-ups, so that they won't be stuck waiting while 3 separate adventures finish.

Dawn Raven

First Post
So, here's an interesting question that may or may not have been addressed already, but if it has I do not know the answer.

If a player had an adventure idea, is it okay to have the person who gives out the adventure or introduces the adventure be a player? Can a player without a sack of 500 gold give out a sack of 500 gold to other adventurers? Just curious in case I get any ideas for the future...

covaithe

Explorer
I don't see why a player couldn't introduce the adventure, if they worked it out with the DM beforehand. As for handing out 500g you don't have... well, you'd have to work that out with the DM, too, but I think it could be arranged. I could imagine a scenario where a PC borrows 500g from a Bacarte loan shark to hire a group of adventurers. It could then be part of the adventure's plot that they'd have to pay that back before the loan shark started getting too upset.

The hard part in all of this is finding a DM willing to run the adventure you want to play in.

One option that I'm sure would be allowed is if you wanted your character to go along as an NPC on an adventure you DM. Your character wouldn't get any xp or treasure from the adventure (though of course you could spend DM points on them), but it would give you a chance to advance your own plot.

renau1g

First Post
Hmmm.... this would be an interesting adventure, dodging mooks with baseball bats, looking to break some kneecaps ;).

A hope an urban adventure pops up for Murphy, considering his focus on the social skills...

Remove ads