• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What alternate game systems are you trying out if you don't like 4e?

Torg, Shadowrun and maybe Mutants & Masterminds. I haven't tried the last yet.
Warhammer 2e is also not too bad.

We will play "Dragon Warriors", IIRC, next Saturday. (One of our DMs seems to be in search for something different. ;) )

Kunimatyu

First Post
Savage Worlds - it actually IS cinematic, instead of "a little cinematic, a little WoW" like 4e.

Plus it's very very easy for a good DM to improvise with.

Silversun

Banned
Banned
I do like 4E and Pathfinder (see sig).

Right now, the group is playing in an alternate Eberron set in a more modern time (parallel to Earth). The GM is using the classes from Grim Tales (D20 Modern variant) and specific Talent Trees from Dark Lore (Smart Hero; Spell Preparation & Wizardry, Dedicated Hero; Pray For Spells & Spell Domain, Charismatic Hero; Fated Champion, Mystic Music & Sorcery).

We'll be wrapping up this game in about two or three months then move on to a 4E Eberron game in addition to the 4E Realms game and Pathfinder Greyhawk game that are cureently in progress.

Darrin Drader

Explorer
The games that are currently in rotation are Pathfinder, Traveller, Castles and Crusades, and True 20.

Right now I'm converting Reign of Discordia to the Traveller rules so I've got the group playing that. We're currently on hiatus between adventures 2 and 3 in the Rise of the Runelords campaign using the Pathfinder rules, but plan to return to it in the fall. True 20 is my system of choice for one-offs and I'm still designing new Reign of Discordia material for it. Finally, I'm using Castles and Crusades to get my daughter into roleplaying and I'm generally using it with classic TSR AD&D adventures.

Aus_Snow

First Post
Fantasy? Mutants & Masterminds 2e, Mongoose's Conan RPG, maybe some Pathfinder, and some OD&D (thanks to some PDFs I bought in time :rant:) when I get around to it. Plus whatever else I or others choose to run.

meomwt

First Post
We're still happily playing 3.5E. I might try to bring in Pathfinder at some point, but the group is happy with what we are playing.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads