• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What alternate game systems are you trying out if you don't like 4e?

Emirikol

Adventurer
What alternate fantasy game systems are you trying out if you don't like 4e?

I've really learned to love Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay (WFRP) and a couple of my players are doing more d20 Pathfinder. We're still barely clinging to 4e for our tuesday sessions..but the [insert from list of Rube Goldberg _rules_] of it has most of us ready to jump ship for something else. Interestingly enough, most of us have been tabletop gamers for over 20 years so we've tried out lots of other stuff.

I get the feeling that 4E has been very good for non-d20 game companies, but I'd like to get an impression of what people have moved on to in regards to alternate systems to 4E.

Jay H
Gamer Fitness at: www.hafnerchiropractic.com

Last edited:

Emirikol

Adventurer
I talked to them about Pathfinder, and they weren't interested (having played out 3E to the max back then)..unless there are some significant changes to the system..

jh

Moldvay Basic

It makes me happy because it has simple classes, handles house rules very easily, is eminently portable, and you can still buy a variant of it (with slightly different charts) in the form of Labyrinth Lord. It's the game I keep going back to.

Last edited:

Hellzon

First Post
If I didn't like 4E (which I do), I'd probably be gearing up for a True20 campaign instead of the 4E one that's percolating in my head. :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads