• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What are people doing with their 3.x colletions?

sjmiller

Explorer
I am actually expanding my 3.x collection! I am not planning on using 4e, so I am hoping to fill in my book collection. So, I am on the hunt for a lot of books I never got when they first came out.

pbd

First Post
Playing DnD.

I have too many books and have spent too much time on 3.5 to switch just as soon a new, untested product comes out.

Same reason I'm using windows XP....

Voadam

Legend
When I switched from 2e to 3e I did not get rid of my Basic/1e/2e stuff.

When I realized I was only planning on playing 3e from that point on I still kept my old edition D&D stuff and non-D&D stuff. I still buy old edition and non-D&D gaming books, though primarily d20 books.

I generally like gaming books for fun, rules material does not interest me as much as evocative fun descriptions.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
If I move to 4e, I'll be keeping my books.

You see, I don't actually "move to" a system. I use any number of systems for different campaigns. Some time, I'm likely to use 3.x again, and I'll want the books.

Darkwolf71

First Post
Purging.

I'll keep my WotC books since we will continue to use them in some of our campaigns. 3rd party stuff will go through a weeding out process. Most 3pp splat books be ebayed. The adventures and settings will likely be kept (most of them at least).

Minicol

Adventurer
Supporter
I am hunting for more !

See, thanks to the sales, I bought most of the Goodman stuff that had escaped me so far, and will try to get the few mongoose and AEG I am still missing.

After all, I need reference for my coming Pathfinder campaign. one can never have too many monsters, right ?

EDIT : right after that, I will start the hunt for .pdfs.

Set

First Post
I still have all of my 2nd edition stuff, and a fair amount of 1st edition stuff. (When do the charts in the back of the 1st edition Dungeon Master's Guide stop being useful? Not yet, for me, anyway!)

My 3rd edition stuff will likewise remain useful for ideas, inspirations, etc. even if I never played 3rd edition again (which seems pretty unlikely, since my campaign is set there and I'm not prepared to convert everything to 4th edition, any more than I'm ready to convert it to GURPS).

Remove ads