• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What are people doing with their 3.x colletions?

Nadaka

First Post
I am keeping mine. I have the 4e PHB and will only be using that if my group converts to 4e. You mentions that you just moved to a larger apartment, so you should have plenty of space (unless of course you are also moving someone else in with you).

howandwhy99

Adventurer
I use it. :D

I have sold, given, and traded away quite a bit of the collection. The rest, still lots of it, are books that I'll pack up but will still occasionally use. Most the of the third edition stuff I've kept I'll be able to easily use in 4ed or 1ed. Luckily, converting between editions has never been a problem.

Absolutely. I've become more disciplined throughout 3E's lifecycle to only buy things I know I want to use, regardless of system information. Switching your old books to 4E shouldn't be that difficult. And probably faster and easier than doing the opposite: 4E -> 3E.

Other game aids like the battlemats and Battle Boxes are obviously hit or miss.

Agamon

Adventurer
I'm moving this month and it'd be nice if they disappeared. Not sure I can be bothered to sell it, I'd like to just give it away, but even that isn't easy.

Rechan

Adventurer
Chucked most of them into the Used Bookstore.

Those that are left are either reference, I need to finish reading them for inspiration, or haven't been chucked yet.

The PDFs are gathering dust in my hard drive. Those will stay.

Darrin Drader

Explorer
Sell it to me.

I'm looking for highly discounted copies of Monster Manuals IV and V, Dungeonscape and Stormwrack.

The prices I've seen on Ebay are still more than I want to pay, but I have yet to give up hope that I can get deep discounts on them from someone who wants to move away from 3.5.

Silver Moon

Adventurer
...stuff I've kept I'll be able to easily use in 4ed or 1ed. Luckily, converting between editions has never been a problem.
I've always felt the same. The next module I'll be running with my 1st Edtiion group is a 3.5E Eberron one, which I'll be able to fit in two of the four sections with minimal modification*. Generally, I have found that books/modules from any edition can be used.

*(more heavily modifying section III, and completely skipping section I due to the non-Eberron setting).

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads