D&D General What are the major Greyhawk battles

darjr

I crit!
OK! I know you folks want more from me but I have to say “I don’t know” and you’ve already made this thread awesome! More please. Teach me.

Shiroiken

Legend
I looked through the 83 boxed set, and found the following:

Battle of Shmblefield (Caldni Vir’s Charge) – Aerdians (precursor of Great Kingdom) vs. Fruztii (Snow Barbarians) for control of the Bone March.

Battle of Medegia 572 CY – naval battle between Duxchaners (family of Lordship of the Isles) vs. Sea Barons

Hateful Wars 498-510 CY – demi-humans from the Ulek states, Celene, and Kron Hills vs. evil humanoids for control of Lortmil Mountains (humanoids driven to Pomarj)

Battle of Jetsom Island – naval battle between Keoland and Ulek states vs. Hold of the Sea Princes to keep Sea Princes piracy in check.

Short War/Small War – Keoland vs. Furyondy for conrol of Veluna and Bissel

EGGs updates to the WoG in Dragon Magazine had a few more battles... Iuz vs. damn near everyone he borders (I recall attacks into the Wolf Nomad land and the Vesve Forest), Horned Society vs. Rovers of the Barrens, another battle near Ratik (Bone March humanoids vs. Ratik with Frost Barbarian allies), others...

Shiroiken

Legend
EGGs updates to the WoG in Dragon Magazine had a few more battles... Iuz vs. damn near everyone he borders (I recall attacks into the Wolf Nomad land and the Vesve Forest), Horned Society vs. Rovers of the Barrens, another battle near Ratik (Bone March humanoids vs. Ratik with Frost Barbarian allies), others...
Oh there are a lot a battles mentioned throughout the various Greyhawk sources, including the Dragon articles you mentioned, but AFAIK most of these were never given a name. Lacking a name, these seem to be less useful for "major" battles, depending on what the OP's use for them is (I assumed they needed something for a story or adventure hook).

Remove ads