What are you eating?

Zardnaar

Legend
Christmas breakfast

IMG_20221225_092925.jpg

And out warm day makes a change from all of the recent rain.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Glad to see another food thread!

Are we just posting recent dining experiences or is a meal from any time fair sharing?

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Was running errands today and decided to stop at Mom’s favorite Korean bakery (so far), and got a little surprise. The strip mall it’s in hosts a couple dozen (mostly Asian) places to eat, including 3-4 in the Asian grocery store, and the parking lot was jam packed. Some places had even set up tables on the sidewalk. I wound up parking in the smaller lot behind the grocery store…and my diuretics decided to kick in. So I decided to eat in the place I parked closest to, Fat Ni’s BBQ (thereby getting access to a bathroom).

The best way I can describe it is Chinese street food served indoors. They had a few soups and noodle dishes, but most of what they offer is stuff on sticks. The soup was OK, but the lamb skewer and pork belly skewer I had as appetizers were damn good, and they had some more unusual offerings I’d love to have tried, but they were so busy/understaffed that I had difficulty getting a refill on my water (they completely forgot my tea).

I’d definitely be willing to eat there again- especially to try the more unusual skewers- but it wasn’t good enough to drive out of my way to eat there. And besides the couple dozen OTHER places in the same strip mall, there’s an even bigger Asian-centric mall on the diagonal of that intersection with at least as many dining opportunities.

Mom DOES love that Korean bakery, though, and one of our dog’s vets is down the street, so I’ll definitely have more opportunities to sample EVERYTHING.

Oh yeah, after my meal, I walked to the bakery and got some bacon & cheese rolls for Mom.😁

Remove ads