D&D General What are you running?

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
Running nothing at the moment. Looking to just play for a bit.

I did join a War for the Crown AP in PF1. This was the final AP of the PF1 era that has eluded me. I have wanted to be a player specifically in a urban social focused AP. I am rolling with an unchain rogue who will head into Lion's Blade prestige class. As a bonus, the GM is going to run a PFS scenario that has some of the AP NPCs in it that will work as a side by side flashback story. I am playing a Cleric of Calistria in that one.

This will more or less allow me to close the book on PF1. Not saying I'll never play in a PF1 game again, but my bucket list is almost completed with this upcoming campaign.

As a leisure activity im fully mapping out a Pirates Of Drinax campaign for Traveller on Foundry. I find working on it in my free time and as the mood strikes to be a bit more relaxing. The bonus is if I run this sandbox again, much of the work will be complete ahead of time.

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
I am running two games and playing in one.

Campaign #1: I call this one "Ghosts of Saltmarsh+." It is set in a homebrew mish-mash called "The Republic of Makrinos" - The "+" stands for my mixing up the stuff in GoS with classic modules and Dungeon adventures I've adapted (or "remixed") myself. Having just completed U3 of the classic Saltmarsh series, this game is going on hiatus while we transition to a playthrough of Temple of Elemental Evil (using Goodman Games' OAR version as the basic - but I change everything all the time, as a good DM should). This is set in the same world, with the idea of eventually the campaigns converging. We also run a slow advancement game. It took 3 years playing about once a month to get to level 7.

Campaign #2: I call this one "Revenants of Saltmarsh." It is the same basic campaign as above (so I don't have to double prep) but with different players (folks I've played D&D with spanning back as far as 1993 and as recent as this year) and run remotely. Choices they have made are just now making the game diverge. So much for not having to double prep! o_O

Thirdly, I am playing in a Dungeon Crawl Classics game online with an overlap of players from the games above + some new folks.

Reynard

Legend
I ended my 5E campaign and started a Starfinder Fly Free or Die campaign. I also handed off my Rappath Athuk 5E campaign to one of that group's other GMs since I don't have time to run 2 games. I am playing in that one, though.

TolkienThePiss

Explorer
I'm running a homebrew Hex Crawl in Standard Fantasy Wilderness. Lots of homebrew around resting and getting lost as out of the box 5e sucks at hexcrawling. I also went a little overboard and generated five years worth of Weather using the AD&D Wilderness Survival Guide rules - after taking on that project I've leveled up my Excel skills lemme tell ya. Kind of pointless, as it's not like my players will notice if I just decide it's raining but I love that really over-complicated, simulationist stuff from earlier editions whilst at the same knowing that actually rolling the dice to plot it all out every hex would bore everyone to tears - so hurray for modern computers!

Having fun with it though - had my map printed on A0 Vinyl and printed out loads of stickers so that we can add them to the map as things are discovered. Look forward to seeing which of the factions my players really fixate on first - early favourite is a legion of hobgoblins but who knows who they'll run into next session. Early days yet.

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
I'm running a 5th Edition D&D campaign setting. It's based heavily on "The Seas of Vodari," by Tribality Games, with elements from Mystara's "Red Steel" setting and Magic: the Gathering's "Ixalan" card block and thirty years of homebrew ideas. It's got swashbuckling adventure on the high seas, it's got dinosaur-riding druids, and kraken cultists, and pirate treasure, and sunken ancient cities...

ilgatto

How inconvenient
Well, our current D&D group comprises three very old experienced player/DMs and three guys new to the game in comparison, two of which have now tried their hand at DM'ing and with the third saying that he's ready to go - albeit for quite some time now :). Because many of the group have come to favor fairly short campaigns as opposed to long ones run by the same DM, the more experienced members typically take turns DM'ing.
Currently, after running a wholly randomly generated dungeon (as per the tables for random dungeon generation in the DMG1), I find myself on the players' side of the table while one of group is trying his hand at DM'ing for the first time, using a heavily modified and extended 2E version of N4 Treasure Hunt, with results ranging from sessions with brilliant role-playing to ones where people have to swallow audibly and repeatedly at his mistakes.
So now this guy, too, has popped his cherry as DM, we have been debating how we could have multiple DMs running the same PCs without this being too weird story-wise. Nobody really liked my kind suggestion to have my evil overlord run the operation - sending them hither and thither (from DM to DM) because.., well, because he can and I'm dying to play him again after many, many years - and I wasn't much impressed when the others started discussing how they, as DMs, could pull one over on said evil overlord.
And then I remembered The Halls of Tizun Thane, which would fit in nicely with our current penchant for old school adventures; is too obscure even for the more experienced players to remember; is, of course, utterly ideal for DM-hopping PCs; can provide challenges even for higher-level PCs after it has been cleared; and also happens to be the first adventure I ever DM'ed way back when..., well, when I wasn't even born yet.
So now I'm really looking forward to next Friday, when the others are going to roll up two 2E characters each, which will then venture forth into the unknown in what is hopefully the start of a long series of adventures in multiple worlds and settings.
That is, after they have cleared the castle of the minions of its evil overlord...

oh dear...

I mean, former evil overlord.

jgsugden

Legend
Right now: I am playing in 4 5E games (some infrequently), and running 3 5E games (2 infrequently). I will continue to run those, without spending another dime on 5E, until things sort themselves out.

I am also running:

* A GURPS Western Game (with a touch of Supernatural) using my new Zombicide Undead or Alive Miniatures. Deadwood meets Game of Thrones.

* A Homebrew using a modified version of 4E. There are 5 PCs Pregen PCs and each uses unique mechanics - that are not explained to the players. In fact, the players get nothing in advance and choose a random envelope to get their PCs. The setting is a fantasy version of the late 1800s that takes the PCs, over roughly 10 sessions, across the 'globe' in an adventure that is highly inspired by Raiders, Alias, Lovecraft, and a few works of Harlan Ellison.

* A funky little Toon style game where all of the mechanics are replaced with dexterity games. One of us comes up with a story that pits our Toons against each other in some way, and that judge decides the rules for 'resolving' 'combat'. Mini hoops, beer pong, popdarts, juggling, balancing cups of water on our heads. There may be beverages involved.

* A very long running, but insanely infrequent, Champions game. We play via email these days, but we've been stuck on a cliffhanger for 3 years because one of the players (who has a time control power, ironically) is unwilling to make a decision.

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
Right now: I am playing in 4 5E games (some infrequently), and running 3 5E games (2 infrequently). I will continue to run those, without spending another dime on 5E, until things sort themselves out.

I am also running:

* A GURPS Western Game (with a touch of Supernatural) using my new Zombicide Undead or Alive Miniatures. Deadwood meets Game of Thrones.

* A Homebrew using a modified version of 4E. There are 5 PCs Pregen PCs and each uses unique mechanics - that are not explained to the players. In fact, the players get nothing in advance and choose a random envelope to get their PCs. The setting is a fantasy version of the late 1800s that takes the PCs, over roughly 10 sessions, across the 'globe' in an adventure that is highly inspired by Raiders, Alias, Lovecraft, and a few works of Harlan Ellison.

* A funky little Toon style game where all of the mechanics are replaced with dexterity games. One of us comes up with a story that pits our Toons against each other in some way, and that judge decides the rules for 'resolving' 'combat'. Mini hoops, beer pong, popdarts, juggling, balancing cups of water on our heads. There may be beverages involved.

* A very long running, but insanely infrequent, Champions game. We play via email these days, but we've been stuck on a cliffhanger for 3 years because one of the players (who has a time control power, ironically) is unwilling to make a decision.
Do you ever sleep?

Remove ads