• I don’t even have the core rules

Votes: 3 2.4%
  • I used to buy every book but not any more

Votes: 11 8.7%
  • Other

Votes: 8 6.3%

Enrico Poli1

Adventurer
I buy quality content (IMO) only. That means that first I borrow a book, then I decide if I'll buy. So far, I bought three quarters of 5e official content.

Xeviat

Hero
I buy the supplements, and then the adventures that interest me. Sometimes I get setting books if they have unique things.

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
I all the rule books/expansion and MtG setting books... for my 11yo (B-day, Christmas, or just a surprise). I only have the core 3 for 5e.

I've bought the core books, the monster books, and the 'Of Everything' books. I'll buy campaign settings that are of interest to me - so far, the SCAG, as disappointing as it was, is the only WotC campaign book I've bought, though I'd certainly jump at a new Dark Sun/Planescape/Spelljammer/Mystara. I've picked up a number of 3rd party campaign settings though, Midgard being the pick of them. I'm not DMing at the moment so I don't buy adventure books, though I did pick up Curse of Strahd looking for the WotC 5e take on Ravenloft. Hint: CoS would probably be a fun adventure, but if you're after a 5e take on Ravenloft lore, this is not not not the book for you...

I've bought just about everything but the setting books. I'm not planning to run a Greek-themed campaign, so there's no point in buying Mythic Odysseys of Theros. However, there is lots of good content in those books and, fortunately, I have access to much of it through linked DND Beyond accounts.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I buy most books, but I've skipped on the Acquisitions Incorporated boo and the Rick & Morty Boxed Set.

Every time I resolve to be more selective, they announce something that makes me super excited, and hey, it's easy to justify a book every Quarter.

Siriak

Explorer
I buy the core rules and supplements and the Forgotten Realms stuff but skip the MtG books and for whatever reason I just never got around to getting the Eberron book.

Argyle King

Legend
For 5th, I bought the core rule books. After that, I think I picked up the Sword Coast Guide and the early version of the dragon-related adventure path. I can't remember what the last D&D book I purchased was. It's been a while.

Remove ads