• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What book you think is a must have? -- ANY for D&D

Clint

Journeyman Linguist
MeepoTheMighty said:
Book of the Righteous. It's everything Dieties & Demigods should have been, and more.

I'll echo that sentiment. I own too many d20 books, and this one is the best of the lot. My whole group loves it.

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
True. But it helps to know if that theives guild will continue to exist IF you have a the presence of a Night King or a legatate running around. :)

Olive

Explorer
Nightfall said:
Not sure I'd agree on that assessment on BotR, Olive. While I don't use it myself, I found it VERY well written, and had some interesting concepts. The Holy Warrior while not the greatest example, certainly the most common. Btw Olive if you could I'd love a copy of the book. ;)

I don't disagree that it is very well done, well written and all the rest. I just don't think it's very useful for most campaigns, unless you are planning on adapting it's pantheon wholesale. The holy warrior class is a tiny section of a large and fairly pricy book after all.

I'd be interested in hearing what others use the book for, other than a good read which I don't think makes it an essential DnD purchase.

Sanackranib

First Post
Nightfall said:
True. But it helps to know if that theives guild will continue to exist IF you have a the presence of a Night King or a legatate running around. :)

Hogwash!!! in order for any decient city to thrive ecconomically it must have an active criminal "black market"

Nightfall

Olive,

That's actually a fair question. While I can't give you an instance with the PHB gods, I can say that I have implemented some ideas from it for a few of my SL gods. Example: While Hedradan have a rigid sense of honor, I felt also appropriate to use a few of the church structrues in the book from Maal. Also I took some ideas from Maal's portofolio and included them into Nemorga (since he's close to Maal in some respects.) Now for Zheeneff(sp), I used some of her creativity parts to influence bardic clerics of Tanil, at least enough to have them form a small bardic college in the mountains near Darakenee.

Does that help?

Nightfall

Sanackranib said:
Hogwash!!! in order for any decient city to thrive ecconomically it must have an active criminal "black market"

True but who said they had to be a thieves guild to do it? ;)

Sanackranib

First Post
A thieves guild called by any other name or run by any other class is the same thing. only difference is thieves just do it better! and the best thieves use the skills of others as well to inhance the whole show.

Nightfall

Yeah but who said they are necesarily thieves? Perhaps they just got the stuff whole sale from someone else? ;) Doesn't necessarily make them theives if they didn't know it was stolen. :D

Remove ads