• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What Computer Programs Do You Use for D&D?

Festivus

First Post
I primarily use Microsoft Excel for HeroForge, SpellForge and my own custom spreadsheet for tracking all sorts of campaign related stuff (that one is for Savage Tide but it's easy to adjust). EDIT: I would like to use Ubuntu but until Heroforge works there I can't make the switch!

I also use PDF995 to create PDF files of stuff I write in Word (like stat blocks, spell cards, etc).

Fantasy related, I use Fantasy Grounds II to run my Thursday night Age of Worms campaign. Things have improved vastly in this latest version. I used to complain about stability in FG1, not so with FG2.

I just purchased Dundjinni recently, but I suck at it. It looks super powerful but I need to invest some time playing with it. Perhaps on vacation this year I will get a chance to work on those maps a bit more.

Oh, and Gimp for image manipulation. It's how I scale maps to tabletop size for use with miniatures.

bigmap.jpg

Theron

Explorer
I'm a software addict, so I own a lot of stuff. A LOT of stuff.

What I actually use is an entirely different matter. Mostly, eTools and Excel, honestly. And Adobe Acrobat.

kenobi65

First Post
Word for writing adventures.

Excel to be able to use Heroforge / Spellforge for character sheets.

Adobe Acrobat Reader for all the PDFs.

AOL Instant Messenger for the chat-based games I play in.

Jamis Buck's NPC generator for, well, NPCs.

The Everchanging Book of Names for character names.

And, no computers allowed at my table during the game. Too distracting for the players.

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
Right now, nothing. Once I get the system board replaced in my other PC, I'l be using Autorealm, Campaign Sage, and the S&S SRD tools (i.e., the electronic DM screen and die roller).

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads