• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What did you buy?

Which subscription did you choose?

Kirnon_Bhale

Explorer
Well subscriptions have started - it would be interesting to see how we spread out in our buying options for D&D insider.

I went for the 12 month option although I feel slightly ripped off after selecting pounds over dollars, but I have high hopes for the content.

jdsivyer

First Post
To be honest, I'm not ready to hand over my $ (or £) just yet. I'm going to sit back a while and wait, just to see how it develops. WOTC has not the best track record for their multimedia projects - although this one has promise.

I guess I'm waiting for it to be a "must have" before I give them more of what little money I do have ;)

Festivus

First Post
If I were to purchase, I would purchase the annual subscription to get the best rate, but since I can't really afford to lay out all that cash right now for an annual subscription, I really can't afford any of the options.

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing (He/They)
I voted for the "are you crazy/why waste money" option, because it seemed the closest to my actual answer of "I will not subscribe." No hate; it just isn't for me.

justanobody

Banned
Banned
WotC product delivered on WotC website, with WotC responsible for delays/content/upgrades/errata/etc.

Digital River responsible for taking and handling money and making sure subscriptions and banking information is correct.

Right Now Technologies that does CSR work for WotC responsible for handling and communicating with Digital River when there is a problem with money or WotC about content. Also having to contact them to prevent automatic drafts for renewals as the only option to cancel, otherwise as the end of any subscription length you are automatically charged again.

-Too many people to have my financial information involved with for one.

-Product quality is questionable, as well as delivery, and what actual services you get. Not "what is web-content only?", but how the subscription services work.

-Questionable EULA.

-Security issues within payment system.

Needless to say I picked the last option.
What are you crazy? Why would I waste my money?

Last edited:

Remove ads