D&D General What Do Tabaxi Look Like in Your Games? (A Poll)

What Do Tabaxi Look Like at Your Table?

• Type 1

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Type 2

Votes: 8 8.8%
  • Type 3

Votes: 41 45.1%
  • Type 4

Votes: 56 61.5%
  • Type 5

Votes: 18 19.8%
  • Type 6

Votes: 9 9.9%
  • Type 0

Votes: 8 8.8%
  • Something else (post a picture)

Votes: 5 5.5%

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing (He/They)
On a scale of "Nearly Human" to "Literally A Cat," what do the tabaxi--or any other cat-themed race--look like at your table?

(Click to enlarge)
TabaxiQuiz.png

If you have more than one, or play multiple games, or fall somewhere between options...well, vote for any that apply.

Art credits: TusndereCatboy via DeviantArt, Izutsumi created by Ryōko Kui, for "Delicious In Dungeon.", Xylerz via DeviantArt, TheSmilingOgre via DeviantArt, FenOrc via DeviantArt, Shutterstock

Last edited:

CleverNickName

In one campaign, I have a tabaxi that the player described as "a cheetah that learned how to walk upright and play the saxophone," so I voted Type 4 for that one.

And in another campaign, I have a tabaxi that was patterned after (and named after) the player's own housecat. She's a princess, obviously. I voted Type 3 for Princess Ramona III.

CleverNickName

There's a missing step between 2 and 3/4 where human-like features blend with animal features more. Personally my idea of a tabaxi was set by the 2E Monstrous Manual and the "Jagwar" character from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
Yeah, I know. I looked for a picture online, but couldn't find one that wasn't AI-generated. If you find one, post a picture!

Incenjucar

Legend
Yeah, I know. I looked for a picture online, but couldn't find one that wasn't AI-generated. If you find one, post a picture!

Thanks to Google being garbage AI now, AI, and anime, the best I can suggest is Catwoman's transformation in the Batman: The Animated Series episode Tyger, Tyger.

Edit: Or Cheetah from the Justice League cartoon.

Dang Batman is always kissing catgirls.

Remove ads