D&D General What do you allow in your games? (NSFW)

Choose all that apply, which taboos will you play with while playing D&D?

• All

Votes: 15 16.0%
  • Bestiality

Votes: 10 10.6%
  • Bigotry

Votes: 54 57.4%
  • Cannibalism

Votes: 53 56.4%
  • Genocide

Votes: 53 56.4%
  • Incest

Votes: 22 23.4%
  • Molestation

Votes: 13 13.8%
  • Murder

Votes: 71 75.5%
  • Necrophilia

Votes: 16 17.0%
  • Pedophilia

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • Rape

Votes: 21 22.3%
  • Slavery

Votes: 66 70.2%
  • Thievery

Votes: 72 76.6%
  • Torture

Votes: 59 62.8%
  • None

Votes: 6 6.4%

• Poll closed .

Coroc

Hero
I voted having grown up players in my mind, I hope that was the intention of the OP

I just thought about something: If a vampire falls in love with his intended victim and perhaps vice versa is this necrophilia?

Edit: Also, is it intended that the topic in question is played out in detail, or is mentioning the basic topic in an abstract context enough? Maybe the survey should differ on that.

Flexor the Mighty!

18/100 Strength!
At the table we only engage in half of those but in game its all fair game. Though I don't see injecting much sexual stuff beyond the running gag of when a new PC needs to be inserted the party will inevitably find a helpless orc captive, tied up, naked, and ball gagged.

When running OotA there was a female drow PC that was had regularly by Jarlaxle but that was off screen. He was so dashing...

But its a bunch of guys drinking whiskey and making a lot of off color jokes during the game so there isn't much sacred.

Ulfgeir

Hero
My boundaries are a bit iffy, depending on context. Depends on who does it, and how it brings the story forward. I can see bestiality if a character is transformed into an animal* and Necrophilia, if one of the persons involved is a vampire who has sex with their food, or maybe a ghost...

But molestation and pedophilia is right out. I have worked with a person who turned out to be a pedophile (yes, he got convicted for it). That was not nice.

* For example in our Scion 2nd ed campaign, my character joined, and took control of the Wild Hunt. One of her titles is "Lady of the Wild Hunt". When she joined, she took the form of a 3 metres tall Wolf, who used an Ogre as a chew-toy. Had she met the Fenris Wolf in that shape, she would have gladly mated with him. Both mine and the GM's idea there was that the Wild Hunt is a primal force, where you will get certain urges. So when she transformed back into human form, she still had lots of adrenaline and those urges. About 50-50 chance of her killing someone she met and drinking the persons blood or screwing their brains out. Yes, she spent 2 days in a hotel room with someone she picked up on the way back... That was what it took to return her to her normal senses. The reaction will be much less next time she hunts, but she took in the full force of the hunt when fighting the ogre...

In the same campaign my character has been the victim of something that technically would be rape (that she was very willing to the deed, but misled to the identity of her partner is a different matter). Loki had taken an interest in her from day one. He then later locked away her husband in Vanaheim (somehow the realm got locked in so no one could enter/leave it, and Oden has spent quite some time trying to open the ways again). Loki then masqueraded as her husband for quite some time (months at least). Let's just say pregnancy happened. And of course there were a prophecy that their children would cause Ragnarok when (not IF) certain conditions were met. We ended last meeting with her giving birth. She has gotten the suggestion from both Frey, and her mother Skadi, and Apollon that she should drown her children... She had planned on an abortion when she found out she was pregnant and that it was Loki, but various time-related effects and a trip to another dimension to save the world precluded that.

edit: At the moment, she is NOT happy with Loki, and seeks ways to punish him. But there is an attraction, and sooner or later she will join him voluntarily (think Buffy + Spike). They are very strongly fatebounded to each others.

Last edited:

Celebrim

Legend
If a vampire falls in love with his intended victim and perhaps vice versa...

My general answer to all questions like this is to replace the word "vampire" with "zombie", and then answer the question in that context. Vampires in my opinion are simply high function zombies, and so any sort of attraction to them should be filtered through that lens.

Slit518

Adventurer
I know just don't do it to other players.

Never ends well.

I can attest to this. Back when I ran 2nd edition for a few of my friends, we had an instance where one of the player's died. Needless to say, everyone looted him before he was resurrected, and it turned into sour apples for everyone.
Everyone eventually gave him his stuff back, and after that instance I made a rule disallowing that type of behavior (they were also trying to steal stuff from each other at that point).

aco175

Legend
If a vampire falls in love with his intended victim and perhaps vice versa is this necrophilia?
I would think this is a different category. The vampire is a willing victim in this ploy and not actually dead. The problem with fantasy elements, like shapechange being bestiality and using spells to charm someone's wife.

As for the rest, I agree with most of the other posters in that some things happen the background or to make the bad guys more unlikable. Most of these are used in background or by the bad guys and not the players who generally play the heroes and rise up against this.

Some elements I can sap out to make the game play the same. If I had a bad guy stealing little children, I do not need him to bugger them to make him bad, I can swap out demon sacrifice and have the same thing.

Unwise

Adventurer
My most recent plot line saw the party meet a brave 15yr old man/boy who was trying to raid a heavily guarded caravan. He failed laughably, the guards flogged him and left him tied to a post on the arid highway. It turns out he wanted to rescue his beloved a 14yr old girl, who was being taken against her will to an arranged marriage that her parents organised with a foreign trader. The party decided to help him, either because they were kindhearted, or because the caravan had some nice looking loot in it.

So there you have torture, pedo people trafficking, rape and murder all tied into one. That is not a bad story to tell though. Young love triumphs, a foreign culture was explored, family and political intrigues were disrupted.

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
I said all, because there's nothing that I consider to be off of the table as a general rule. That said, there are many things on that list that I wouldn't do to a PC, such as rape, molestation, etc., and even then would only add them in with people I know well and with a clear understanding that such things are possible.

Further, 5 of those things I've never put into a game. Those being pedophilia, molestation, incest, bestiality and necophilia. 36 years of DMing and I've never felt that there was a sufficient in game reason to include such things. I don't think my games have suffered without them.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases