EN World What do you like about the new site?

My favourite thing is the improved performance. The site was often so slow for me that I only checked it once or twice a week.

Also a plus:
  • Navigating the comments is easier
  • Not sure if that was possible before, but quoting and multi-quoting is also quite smooth
  • Mentions are easy
  • Notifications are unobtrusive and allow me to jump to the right place quickly
  • Reactions to posts are no longer limited by the pesky timeout on desktop
Really, the overall experience is a lot better know (and it seems likely that most things that I find not ideal yet can be rectified over time).

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site
Are you talking about the actual "native" app, or using a browser to access the mobile skin of the website?

The app isn't new or changed (or even made by EN World), and while using it is moderately improved, that really is incidental to the upgrade.

Sorry, should not have said "app", I meant the mobile web site. I found the old mobile site to be difficult to use. I really like the new sites mobile version. I use the Chrome browser on iOS. I've not tried it in other browsers or on other platforms, though I expect it wouldn't make much of a difference.

BookBarbarian

Expert Long Rester
What do you like about the new site?

Nothing. The forum software sucks big time.

giphy.gif

Sorry, should not have said "app", I meant the mobile web site. I found the old mobile site to be difficult to use.

I came here to say this. I used to browse on my phone in desktop mode most of the time because the mobile site was so clunky, but that caused its own set of problems. Now I use the mobile version and it's much better.

Remove ads