D&D 5E What do you want to see as the 5e Iconics?

Klaus

First Post
__mialee___my_own___by_MizuGonJinn.jpg

640x482_3655_Forest_spirit_2d_fantasy_girl_woman_mage_wizard_elf_picture_image_digital_art.jpg

mialee_color.jpg
Hey, that last one seems familiar!

:)

Mialee (and Soveliss, though he rarely gets as much attention) suffered from 3e's artistic decision to give elves inhuman features (with half-elves looking like what we were used to call "elves"). The eyes were larger, more slanted, and the faces were more "bony".

Last edited:

grimslade

Krampus ate my d20s
Using the characters from Dark Dungeons would be hilarious. "Darkleaf Nooooo!" Thanks for the reminder, Kaodi.

The trouble with iconics and 5E is the addition of themes and backgrounds really affect how a character looks. More granularity means more options. The iconics would need to be the simple form of each of the 'core four' classes. The fifth could be a rotating iconic of uncommon and rare classes.

Steely_Dan

First Post
I'm pretty certain they'll be in there. I'd just prefer them to not be. Halflings, whether the 3e skinny or 1e pudgy kind are so bland, boring, and pointless as to make gnomes seems like a party. I can't imagine wanting to play one, and having one in my game is vaguely annoying (which is why they don't exist, in my home brew). Heck, Eberron gave them freaking dinosaurs, and I still can't stand them.

I don't dig halflings that much myself, outside of a Middle-Earth or Dark Sun campaign (as they are the progenitors of all the other character races of Athas).

I've been running a Planescape campaign for the last 7 years, and while I will probably never use a halfling in any sort of encounter, if a player really wanted to play one, I would let them.

Mercule

Adventurer
if a player really wanted to play one, I would let them.
I'd drop them in a home brew, but I wouldn't deny them in a published setting. I've got a player, right now, who is to halflings what some folks are to elves -- he plays nothing else. I let him do so. I occasionally consider zotting him, but I refrain.

Remove ads