• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What do your Orcs look like?

What do your Orcs look like?

• As detailed in the 1E MM ("swine-like")

Votes: 45 10.2%
  • As detailed in 2E

Votes: 18 4.1%
  • As detailed in the 3E MM

Votes: 132 30.0%
  • As shown in the LOTR movies

Votes: 95 21.6%
  • More than one of the above

Votes: 70 15.9%
  • *Other

Votes: 80 18.2%

painandgreed

First Post
My orcs were created as a perversion of elves, so they are typicaly look the opposite of an elf. They are big and stocky with dark brown or black hair which grows fairly short if any. Their skin is green to brown earthtone with is usually covered with bumps and moles. They scar very easily and such are usually very vivid being either raised or sunken from the normal skin. They have flat and farily featureless faces with yellow eyes and small fangs or sometimes tusks.

Kris

Adventurer
A mix of D&D monsters and Tolkien for me. So in my game...

D&D Goblins = lesser orcs
D&D Hobgoblins = common orcs
(both of the above rumoured to be descended from corrupted elves and have light sensitivity)

D&D orcs = mountain orcs (thought to be descended from corrupted humans… Tolkien is supposed to have toyed with the idea that the orcs were in fact corrupted humans at one stage I think… so I threw that idea into the mix for my game).

Half-orcs as normal (though this also includes humans with varying degrees of orc-blood in their veins), and a homebrewed great-orc (uruk-hai) creature.

So I voted for the LotR movie option for their 'look' …actually here's a quick sketch I did a while back…
http://www.angelfire.com/planet/airtha/orc_face.jpg

((Edit: sorry... it only works if you copy and paste the above URL into your address bar))

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads