• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What gameworld would you want to be in?

sckeener

First Post
Jürgen Hubert said:
The former has a only marginally survivable landscape and the majority of the population living in slavery.

The latter might have great scenery, but it also has armies of demons and devils fighting it out and not caring who gets caught up in the crossfire. Plus there are far too many opportunities for permanent soul death.

Thus, I am wondering why you'd wish to live in either of those two.

For me, Dark Sun as a psion with the right powers would be ok. The fact that the majority is in slavery is ok because either you are equal to everyone else or you are not a slave. It is all just what you are use to....

For Planescape, if I could have some way of popping around with various energy & poison resistances, then it would be neat to see the universe. For me that setting would explore my fascination with space.

Admittedly if I was going to go this route...I'd prefer Roger Zelazny's Chronicles of Amber, less chance of death and more chances at nice vacations. Traveling like in Amber would be my version of Heaven..

Ranes

Adventurer
Known Space. I'd even risk a visit to Ringworld, assuming I had a General Products hull to hide away in, replete with puppeteer technology. Alternatively, classic Traveller's Imperium, TL15 and access to anagathics - there's a lot to see and I'd want as much time as possible to explore it. Otherwise, Transhuman Space for the same reasons.

I'd steer clear of the Star Trek universe for one simple reason: the prime directive. What fun is that?

drothgery

First Post
SteelDraco said:
Star Trek, since that's the least likely to get me killed in some horrible fashion, and apparently everyone on Earth doesn't have to work.

And, holosuites.

Pretty much. Though I'd stay away from Earth, and live on some second-tier (but close to the core worlds) Federation planet that never gets attacked by rogue space probes enhanced by alien technology, the Borg, Xindi, or the Breen.

rgard

Adventurer
Ranes said:
Known Space. I'd even risk a visit to Ringworld, assuming I had a General Products hull to hide away in, replete with puppeteer technology. Alternatively, classic Traveller's Imperium, TL15 and access to anagathics - there's a lot to see and I'd want as much time as possible to explore it. Otherwise, Transhuman Space for the same reasons.

I'd steer clear of the Star Trek universe for one simple reason: the prime directive. What fun is that?

The fun is disregarding the prime directive!

Roman

First Post
Since I know only D&D settings, I am sticking to those for my choices, but some important issues have not been cleared up which could affect my answers greatly. These issues are:

1) Is my incarnation in the chosen gameworld the same as myself in RL in terms of race/stats/appearance/etcetera? Alternatively, is my incarnation very different.
2) Do I get to chose my incarnation or is it determined randomly? If I get to choose it, what are the restricting parameters - i.e. how special can my incarnation be at the outset?
3) Is my incarnation in the chosen gameworld rooted to the gameworld (having been born there and grew up there) or is it transfered directly from the real world with no connections and knowledge of the world beyond what I have currently.
4) Does my incarnation retain all the memories of my life in the real world? How about all the skills I have now? If not, does it retain at least some partial knowledge of them?
5) What does the phrase 'people who chose the same setting start together' (not a proper quote, but words to that effect) imply/mean? What impact does it have on my incarnation?

Thanks for the answers! :)

sckeener

First Post
Roman said:
Since I know only D&D settings, I am sticking to those for my choices, but some important issues have not been cleared up which could affect my answers greatly. These issues are:

1) Is my incarnation in the chosen gameworld the same as myself in RL in terms of race/stats/appearance/etcetera? Alternatively, is my incarnation very different.

Since you only know D&D let me mention the OP:
Warren Okuma said:
I'll start...
Me I'd go for gurps supers. I'd build munchkin. It's me after all.

the OP mentioning building a munchkin gurps supers character means that the choices are wide open. You do not have to be yourself...but you can if you want...you can have your memories...or not...

any setting, race, class, feat, power...whatever....after all for all I know the super hero character the OP created could be an ultra powerful drow with 20 levels of wizard (converted to GURPS) as himself.

Remove ads