D&D General What happened POD classics at DMSGuild

It seems that DMSguild has stopped releasing many classics especially for POD. Has anyone heard anything? I have emailed them but their customer service is not able to respond. The decisions are obviously being made at a much higher level. So many great books remain unavailable as POD and I haven’t seen any new offerings for months.

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
It has indeed slowed to a trickle. The last classic D&D product to be made available for POD was Masters of Eternal Night back in February. A Darkness Gathering should have logically been the next item to get the POD treatment, but that hasn't happened, yet.

At it could just be that WitC is putting more resources on the ‘24 revision and don’t have the ability / desire to spend resources in converting PDFs to POD.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Hmmm... makes me wonder if DMsG is gonna move to DDBeyond. On the one hand, it would be nice to be able to get Guild stuff on DDB, but on the other hand... too many eggs in one basket.

Bah, I'm probably imagining things.

JEB

Legend
Hmmm... makes me wonder if DMsG is gonna move to DDBeyond. On the one hand, it would be nice to be able to get Guild stuff on DDB, but on the other hand... too many eggs in one basket.

Bah, I'm probably imagining things.
I'm pretty sure there will be some kind of change in how Wizards regards DM Guild in the One D&D era, though not sure if they'll shut it down entirely in favor of some DDB equivalent. On the other hand, they have stopped publishing their own 5E PDFs through DM Guild in favor of DDB exclusive releases, so maybe?

Remove ads