• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D General What happened POD classics at DMSGuild

Clint_L

Hero
Hmmm... makes me wonder if DMsG is gonna move to DDBeyond. On the one hand, it would be nice to be able to get Guild stuff on DDB, but on the other hand... too many eggs in one basket.

Bah, I'm probably imagining things.
Speaking for myself, I would buy a lot more DMsG products if they were integrated into DDB. A lot more. And there are millions of other folks who suddenly become potential customers, too. I think it would be a huge win for those 3PP. Massive.

Getting access to DDB has the potential to become a make or break factor for many 3PP, I think. I think in the long run it will make the OGL look like small potatoes.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Speaking for myself, I would buy a lot more DMsG products if they were integrated into DDB. A lot more. And there are millions of other folks who suddenly become potential customers, too. I think it would be a huge win for those 3PP. Massive.

Getting access to DDB has the potential to become a make or break factor for many 3PP, I think. I think in the long run it will make the OGL look like small potatoes.
It would also be a tremendous way to fight back against Kobold Press and other larger (relatively speaking) publishers who are going to be producing their own 5E content, whom WotC is not going to let on D&D Beyond, no matter what sort of wishy washy statements they've issued so far may sort of suggest.

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
The DM Guild is really two thing in one. 3P material compatible with 5e and older edition material from TSR and WotC. The first kind might very well move to DDB and would certainly benefit from integration. The second kind would not and its future appears uncertain at the moment.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
The DM Guild is really two thing in one. 3P material compatible with 5e and older edition material from TSR and WotC. The first kind might very well move to DDB and would certainly benefit from integration. The second kind would not and its future appears uncertain at the moment.
That first set of content isn't limited to DMs Guild. It's also available on DriveThruRPG (run by the same people) and other online storefronts.

But I wouldn't expect pre-5E content to be integrated into D&D Beyond, given that they haven't even gotten all their content from Tasha's in the system yet.

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
But I wouldn't expect pre-5E content to be integrated into D&D Beyond, given that they haven't even gotten all their content from Tasha's in the system yet.
No, I dont' expect that at all. But it seems that WotC is currently caring less about adding other older material.

Last edited:

Stormonu

Legend
I suspect after having put out the disclaimer on older products and the mines they've run into with Visanti and Hadozee, I imagine they've gone quite cold on keeping up the back catalog. It's probably one stumble away from being yanked altogether.

JEB

Legend
I suspect after having put out the disclaimer on older products and the mines they've run into with Visanti and Hadozee, I imagine they've gone quite cold on keeping up the back catalog. It's probably one stumble away from being yanked altogether.
I expect them to keep it available through the ostensibly nostalgic 50th anniversary year.

After that, though...

Remove ads