D&D General What happened POD classics at DMSGuild

HomegrownHydra

Adventurer
I'm pretty sure there will be some kind of change in how Wizards regards DM Guild in the One D&D era, though not sure if they'll shut it down entirely in favor of some DDB equivalent. On the other hand, they have stopped publishing their own 5E PDFs through DM Guild in favor of DDB exclusive releases, so maybe?
WOTC were selling PDFs for 5e? What books?

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Not for the mainline official books, but they've published some supplements over on DMsGuild - a lot of charity tie-ins, Minsc and Boo's Journal of Villainy, Domains of Delight, etc.
To this day, it makes me insane that Domains of Delight and the intro adventure where characters visit the Witchlight Carnival as kids and lose a part of their essence (i.e. the set up for one of the two big adventure hooks) isn't actually in Wild Beyond the Witchlight itself.

You all need to buy the Tyranny of Dragons remastered book so that we can get an expanded and updated Witchlight.

Stormonu

Legend
I would love a Towers of High Sorcery as POD. On eBay it is is between $200-300 which is way too much. Also Deities and Demigods.
Yikes!!! Why is Towers of High Sorcery so expensive? (and I need to see if I have a copy hanging out in my storage unit...)

To this day, it makes me insane that Domains of Delight and the intro adventure where characters visit the Witchlight Carnival as kids and lose a part of their essence (i.e. the set up for one of the two big adventure hooks) isn't actually in Wild Beyond the Witchlight itself.

You all need to buy the Tyranny of Dragons remastered book so that we can get an expanded and updated Witchlight.
I'm contributing to the cause - bought my copy of Tyranny of Dragons.

I've been hoping they put up GDQ1-7 Queen of the Spiders, as POD. My copy is terribly worn.

Yikes!!! Why is Towers of High Sorcery so expensive? (and I need to see if I have a copy hanging out in my storage unit...)

I'm contributing to the cause - bought my copy of Tyranny of Dragons.

I've been hoping they put up GDQ1-7 Queen of the Spiders, as POD. My copy is terribly worn.
Yeah it is way too expensive. None of the eBay copies are ever gone when I look because they are priced more than the market will bare.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Threads like this one remind me that I've been thinking about posting a primer for how to print personal copies of PDFs via Lulu.com. I've done it several times now for PDFs of official D&D products that were never released in print (i.e. Blood Spawn, the Birthright monstrous compendium; The Savage Coast Monstrous Compendium Appendix; and The Final Church for the Dark*Matter campaign setting for the Alternity RPG, and a few others), and I've learned several lessons that I wish I'd known back when I first started.

Threads like this one remind me that I've been thinking about posting a primer for how to print personal copies of PDFs via Lulu.com. I've done it several times now for PDFs of official D&D products that were never released in print (i.e. Blood Spawn, the Birthright monstrous compendium; The Savage Coast Monstrous Compendium Appendix; and The Final Church for the Dark*Matter campaign setting for the Alternity RPG, and a few others), and I've learned several lessons that I wish I'd known back when I first started.
That would be awesome.

Please do!

Dragonhelm

Knight of Solamnia
If memory serves right, Margaret Weis Productions (formerly Sovereign Press) had a limited print run on that book. It's the hardest Dragonlance 3e book to find in hardcover. And the most sought-after!

So I uploaded it to Lulu and ordered a personal copy from the PDF I purchased legally so it is all on the up and up. Lulu was pretty easy to use. I will let everyone know what the quality is like when I get it. Cannot wait to have a hardcover copy of Tower of High Sorcery.

Remove ads