D&D 4E What has you excited about 4e?

Raven Crowking

First Post
Psion said:
So nothing, then? :confused: :)

Nah. I like some of the guiding principles. I really like the idea that a module is going to be an adventure setting again, instead of a plot to go through (which is what I glean from Wyatt's blog on Dwellers of the Forbidden City)....and that the game will once more allow for an exploration style of play.

But, man, you'd think they could throw us....on....fargin....mechanic.....!

OK, WotC, if you're listening, here's my challenge to you: Initiative. Tell us how initiative works in 4e. Surely, initiative is sorted by now! ;)

RC

Raven Crowking

First Post
Baby Samurai said:
I take it you don't like the current state of initiative?

Actually, no, I don't. My game uses cyclical init, rolling 1d10+modifiers.

But whether I like 3e initiative or not has nothing to do with what 4e initiative is going to be.

RC

KoshPWNZYou

First Post
Raven Crowking said:
Actually, no, I don't. My game uses cyclical init, rolling 1d10+modifiers.

But whether I like 3e initiative or not has nothing to do with what 4e initiative is going to be.

RC

Sorry, you rolled a 2 on your initiative. The playtesters are on initiative count 17. You're in for a long wait.

... unless they've reversed the initiative order. In which case you should have had this information months ago.

Raven Crowking

First Post
KoshPWNZYou said:
Sorry, you rolled a 2 on your initiative. The playtesters are on initiative count 17. You're in for a long wait.

... unless they've reversed the initiative order. In which case you should have had this information months ago.

Um....Both my Init and the 3e init system operate on a "high is good" basis. As such, if the developers had such a high init, shouldn't they have acted by now? Are they holding their action? Waiting for an attack of opportunity? :lol:

KoshPWNZYou

First Post
Raven Crowking said:
Um....Both my Init and the 3e init system operate on a "high is good" basis. As such, if the developers had such a high init, shouldn't they have acted by now? Are they holding their action? Waiting for an attack of opportunity? :lol:

The developers are on count 34 (since they control the system they can give themselves high modifiers, the cheaters); they have all pertinent information already. If they're going to change the information they can just insert themselves back in at 15 or 9, the cheaters.

But you still have the marketing people at count 14, the printing and packaging people at count 10, and the retailers at count 6. And they all take a -long- time to decide what they want to do.

Raven Crowking said:
They are readying against our charge.

Remove ads