• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What have you been cooking recently?

CoatRackOfDoom

First Post
Oh, DannyAlcatraz, now you've done it. I'm bookmarking this thread. I love turkey and now I have an excuse to cook one before Thanksgiving! "What? I'm trying a new recipe!" -- and stock-making advice to boot!

ssampier

First Post
Makin' me hungry.

I have grilled some sirloin steaks (soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, and oil marinade).

Baby back ribs

My mother made fry bread a week ago.

I would love to grill/smoke a turkey. I might have to settle for a turkey breast (if I can find one).

Chauzu

First Post
Well, I'm on a ketogenic diet right now... so I've pretty much been cooking up a bunch of burgers, chicken, omelettes, burgers, sausages, turkey, and more burgers! :cool:

Oh wow! Good thread idea. Yes, I've been experimenting. Tonight I sauteed organic white local onions (I'm in Connecticut USA) with some green peppers, canola oil, and thyme. The thyme was kinda the key new ingredient. Just before I finished, I added a dash of olive oil to bring out some flavors.

I write about food from time to time on my LiveJournal, which is here: http://varianor.livejournal.com/

If anyone else is on LJ and into cooking, please let me know so I can friend you!

Cat Moon

Banned
Banned
- Custard Pie
- Lime & Pepper Beef Noodles
- 5 Alarm Chili-Meatloaf
- Chicken Pot Pie
- King Shirimp sauteed with Vinagerette
- Frog Croquettes
- Lust Burgers

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Makin' me hungry.

I would love to grill/smoke a turkey. I might have to settle for a turkey breast (if I can find one).

FYI, if you can afford it, you can track down a relatively inexpensive tabletop smoker big enough to handle a small to medium sized turkey.

They work pretty well!

(I have one!)

I also use them to smoke baby-back or country style ribs- both for immediate consumption and for inclusion in certain dishes that require some kind of pork- southern-style greens, gumbo, creole red beans, etc. That way, I get the pork-y flavor, but I don't get the salt bomb you'd get from the ham or salt pork which is usually included in those dishes.

Lil' English Muffin Pizzas

Philly steak n' cheese hoagies

and breakfast (have this once a month) pancakes, eggs, bacon, juice and a bit of left over english muffins.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads