• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What have you been cooking recently?

and since much of the past week was spent camping-

over an open camp fire I cooked frozen pizzas, burgers, s'mores and s'mores with reeses instead of chocolate and the big meal-

Keilbasia, corn on the cob, fried tators, onions washed down with whatever drinks we had remaining.

Good trip

If I ever go to GenCon, I may just cook! :)
<SNIP>
1) Debone your bird that night and put it in storage- ziplocks, tupperware, it doesn't matter. It will take up less space.
<SNIP>

See, whenever I make a turkey I always de-bone it. Of course I de-bone it without ever slicing the skin so my turkey is one complete carcass. Makes it easier to stuff with a chicken, or a duck, or a few game hens...or better yet, all three. :D Thank you Jacques Pepin.
It's also great fun when someone who has never seen me do it before comes over and I give them the 'honor' of carving the bird. I should have kept video, they range from the careful carver who wonders why there's a hole in the bird after a few well placed slices to the normally slice down the breast bone and hacks the bird in half and OMG what did I just do? reactions... Priceless, absolutely priceless.

Mr. Beef

First Post
I helped make Beef Fajita's last night. I cut the onions and bell peppers and cooked them up. I can do some really good vegetables when I try. The beef was cooked in a cast iron skillet and the cheese was pre-shredded out of a bag.

I also make eggs (scrambled), French Toast, and Belgan Waffles. Not at the same time, I'm not a buffet cook at all but I sure enjoy a good buffet every now and then.

Of course with a name like Mr. Beef you'd think I make a mean burger, but I have not mastered them yet.

Just my 1/4 pound.

Mr. Beef

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him) 🇺🇦🇵🇸🏳️‍⚧️
Last night I made a crustless swiss chard pie. The kids loved it, and they can be picky.
I boiled up shredded chard with a little salt and red pepper flakes, just for a few minutes.
Threw a diced onion and 3 cloves of garlic in a frying pan with some olive oil, then threw in a half-pound of sliced mushrooms, with a half-teaspoon of tamari, until all softened up.
Put it all in a mixture of 4 eggs, half a cup of cheese, and a quarter cup of panko.
Then baked at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes.

It was delicious.

Tonight, I grill.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads