D&D 5E What have you played from the PHB? And enjoyed?

Which PHB sub-class(es) have you played and enjoyed?

• Barbarian - Berserker

Votes: 9 10.3%
  • Barbarian - Totem Warrior

Votes: 21 24.1%
  • Bard - College of Lore

Votes: 25 28.7%
  • Bard - College of Valor

Votes: 13 14.9%
  • Cleric - Knowledge

Votes: 10 11.5%
  • Cleric - Life

Votes: 20 23.0%
  • Cleric - Light

• Cleric - Nature

Votes: 4 4.6%
  • Cleric - Tempest

Votes: 21 24.1%
  • Cleric - Trickery

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • Cleric - War

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Druid - Circle of the Land

• Druid - Circle of the Moon

Votes: 19 21.8%
  • Fighter - Champion

Votes: 14 16.1%
  • Fighter - Battlemaster

Votes: 32 36.8%
  • Fighter - Eldtrich Knight

Votes: 19 21.8%
  • Monk - Way of the Open Hand

• Monk - Way of Shadow

Votes: 17 19.5%
  • Monk - Way of the Four Elements

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • Paladin - Oath of Devotion

Votes: 8 9.2%
  • Paladin - Oath of the Ancients

Votes: 23 26.4%
  • Paladin - Oath of Vengeance

Votes: 16 18.4%
  • Ranger - Hunter

• Ranger - Beastmaster

Votes: 10 11.5%
  • Rogue - Thief

Votes: 17 19.5%
  • Rogue - Assassin

• Rogue - Arcane Trickster

Votes: 27 31.0%
  • Sorcerer - Dragonic Bloodline

• Sorcerer - Wild Magic

• Warlock - Archfey

• Warlock - Fiend

Votes: 11 12.6%
  • Warlock - Great Old One

Votes: 15 17.2%
  • Wizard - Abjuration

• Wizard - Conjuration

Votes: 6 6.9%
  • Wizard - Divination

Votes: 20 23.0%
  • Wizard - Enchantment

• Wizard - Evocation

• Wizard - Illusion

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • Wizard - Necromancy

• Wizard - Transmutation

Votes: 8 9.2%
  • None, I DM all the time

Votes: 7 8.0%

• Poll closed .

Undrave

Legend
So we have the current 'which standard class have you never seen played' poll but I felt like it wasn't quite precise enough? And, also, I got curious.

So let's push the poll option to the limit!

Let's see which subclasses are the least popular...

Not only do you need to mention the subclasses you've played, but only the ones you actually enjoyed. If you dropped a character before even picking a subclass, it doesn't count. If you tried out a class and you didn't like it, you don't count it (like me and Trickery Cleric).

the Jester

Legend
I've only been able to play two pcs in 5e so far, since I DM about 95% of the time. The first was an abjuration wizard, which I greatly enjoyed. The second was a samurai fighter, which I also enjoyed, but isn't a PH subclass, so isn't in the poll.

Zardnaar

Legend
5 PC's in 5e so far, and 2 of them from Xanathars. I'm in largely the same boat at @Azzy.

I've only played the celestial Warlock.

I don't really get to play often or in long campaigns. My DM is unreliable due to health problems, other DMs are usually temporary ones where the campaign falls apart due to organization or DM/group leaves at end of the year.

ehenning

Explorer
I’ve played an Evocation wizard to 15th level, finishing Rise of Tiamat with an epic showdown. And I am currently playing a Shadow Monk. Both were thoroughly enjoyable

Oofta

Legend
I DM more than I play, but I'll enjoy just about anything I actually get to run. For me the PC is more than just his stats and abilities.

Undrave

Legend
Wow, I didn't realize that I played an equal amount from Xanathar's as I have from the PHB.

I don't own Xanathar but I'm itching to play more of its subclasses. I played a Shepherd Druid and I enjoyed it well enough, but it was the only time I played a Druid.

I DM more than I play, but I'll enjoy just about anything I actually get to run. For me the PC is more than just his stats and abilities.

I had to re-build one of my character because the class just didn't work as I expected. The second build worked better. He was still the same character and I enjoyed playing him, but his mechanics were much more fitting after the rebuild.

Oofta

Legend
I had to re-build one of my character because the class just didn't work as I expected. The second build worked better. He was still the same character and I enjoyed playing him, but his mechanics were much more fitting after the rebuild.

I'm pretty flexible with my players - if they want to switch things around I allow a training montage/off-screen rebuild. It's happened once or twice, so I understand where you're coming from.

I might see it if I played more, I've just never wanted to do dramatic changes to my PC in any edition.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases