What hooked you?

Zardnaar

Legend
Havent had it since late Dec 2019. It was only a few months old at that point IIRC, there were quite a few movies but probably not close to what the have now.

Yeah we watched Mando, MCU, then dumped it a month or two after Mando finished.

Probably dump it month after Mando finishes season 2.

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
When The Mandalorian comes out either on DVD or on basic TV I'll watch it for sure, but I refuse to pay for a streaming service just to see it.

Latest shows to catch my interest in any sort of big way:

Black Sails

Spanish Princess (though it'd probably help if I went back and watched from day one, I came in in the middle and am still picking up story threads)
I feel the same way about Star Trek Discovery. Its the only thing I would watch on CBS all access. Not worth a sub.

Black Sails is criminally underrated. I thought they executed it very well and didn't let it drag into too many seasons. Great pirate ship fighting scenes sandwiched between well written exposition. I do wish they would make a Treasure Island movie using the characters from the series.

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
Farscape. Just everything about it. Simply perfection.
I love Farscape because they made alien species feel alien, something most sci-fi series fail to do. Though it was far from perfect. I just watched a few episodes recently and remember how awful the writing could be at times and how campy the acting. Though, I will always have a place in my heart for it. Reminded me of the Tom Baker Dr Who from when I was a kid.

Ulfgeir

Hero
The Musketeers (BBC) - Love the costuming. The actors are good. Love how the support characters often win the day to the chagrin of the Musketeers. Also, the actress who plays the queen is stunningly beautiful!
I have season 1 and 2 on DVD. Haven't managed to get season 3. Saw season 1when it ran on TV here in Sweden. I need to see series 2. I loved the look they had.

Other series that hooked me:
  • Neverwhere (BBC-show written by Neil Gaiman)
  • Ghosts of Albion (animated series made by Amber Benson (Tara from Buffy). I even got the rpg.)
  • Penny Dreadful

I feel the same way about Star Trek Discovery. Its the only thing I would watch on CBS all access. Not worth a sub.

Black Sails is criminally underrated. I thought they executed it very well and didn't let it drag into too many seasons. Great pirate ship fighting scenes sandwiched between well written exposition. I do wish they would make a Treasure Island movie using the characters from the series.
Black Sails was amazing.

Remove ads