What I want in 3.5 e-support

BiggusGeekus@Work

Community Supporter
This is what I want in a 3.5 character/monster generator from greatest to least importance:

* a d20 stat block without any special formatting. Do not bold things that are not supposed to be bolded. Do not put it in an easy-to-read font. Do not make things "easy" for me. I will have to remove your changes and make any of my own that I may desire so adding non-standard formatting makes my job harder, not easier.

* An ASCII version of the character/monster sheet. Here I do not mind creativity, but it needs to be able to be cut-n-pasted to various message boards or websites, so fancy formatting will probably be lost and Mr. Geekus will have to go back and re-edit everything. That will make him sad.

* Core rules before d20 stuff. Get the basics in before the fancy-dan material.

* Fancy-dan character/monster sheets. Go nuts. PDF or HTML, I don't care.

* Ability to edit. I may want to have a convalescent NPC with a STR of 1. Telling me I can't lower it below a certain point will make me sad. I also want to give an NPC a few extra skill poitns, or give the NPC a new skill (e.g. Knowledge (80s Hair Metal)). Please allow me to do this.

Thank you.

Zub

First Post
Sounds great. Let me know when your finished with it. Since PCGen is opensource, you can give yourself a nice headstart by downloading the source code and starting from there.

Twin Rose

First Post
Campaign Suite will most definately have these features you request - it already does, but of course the data for the 3.5 sets is not available yet (but will be soon).

Remove ads