• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What If Sauron Won? Check Out This Trailer For The MIDNIGHT RPG!

By Edge Studios, which currently produces the official Star Wars RPGs, this upcoming RPG is based on the 2000s-era campaign setting originally released for D&D 3E. The setting is dark, in a world where an evil god won their war of conquest and where evil dominated. Think what it would be like if Sauron had won. This iteration of the world will be powered by the D&D 5E rules, and will be...

By Edge Studios, which currently produces the official Star Wars RPGs, this upcoming RPG is based on the 2000s-era campaign setting originally released for D&D 3E. The setting is dark, in a world where an evil god won their war of conquest and where evil dominated. Think what it would be like if Sauron had won.

This iteration of the world will be powered by the D&D 5E rules, and will be appearing on May 27th.

It has been one hundred years since the Shadow fell. A century ago, the forces of darkness swept down from the North. The crushed the free cities of Humanity, drove the Elves back into the depths of the forests, and besieged the Dwarves in their mountain holds. Now the corrupted lieutenants of a dark God rule these broken kingdoms with an iron fist, while hunting down those brave few who still struggle defifiantly against the evil that consumes their world.

Midnight was one of the first games I remember seeing that tried to weaken magic users by pushing back the acquisition of spells like Fireball to 6th or 7th level.

JCS

Explorer
Midnight is one of the few settings where I methodically hunted down almost every supplement. Some truly great stuff. Excited that it is coming out this month!

However, I do think it should be titled, "Midnight: Legacy of Shadow"...

R_J_K75

Legend
None of the game stores I usually order from in Canada have it listed for pre-order yet, either, which is unusual. The only place I've seen offering pre-orders is the Asmodee online store (I haven't searched other European or US sites): Midnight - Legacy of Darkness | Asmodee
I'd bet Noble Kight Games will carry it too. I'll probably just pre-order it from the link you posted. Id imagine the print run probably wont be too large so the risk of it selling out is probably there. I didnt buy Jerry Cantrells new CD when it came out last October and it sold out, Think there was only one printing. I was able to get a copy in March but for $30 though with S&H and a hefty aftermarket markup.

GuyBoy

Hero
I ran a shortish campaign back in 3e days and absolutely loved the setting. The players were always “on the run” with few safe spaces and an overwhelming sense of menace at all times.
This is a definite purchase.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads