• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D (2024) What Improvements Would You Want with 6E?

Eric V

Hero
But when the specific quality has proven popular, it is relevant. The 5E adventures, using the 5E adventure guidelines, have been successful, ergo we can conclude that the adventure guidelines are not contrary to the game's popularity.

OR

When there's so little (relative to previous editions) material being released in a year, -anything- gets bought.

In fact, I'm pretty sure that was the economic reasoning behind not flooding the market with books.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
OR

When there's so little (relative to previous editions) material being released in a year, -anything- gets bought.

In fact, I'm pretty sure that was the economic reasoning behind not flooding the market with books.

On the contrary, 4E's publishing history is adequate demonstration that folks won't just buy because it is there.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I'm in no hurry. It sure would be a nice factoid though: "there are as many people playing D&D today, as played it in the preceding 40 years" kinda thing. :) Lovely sound-bite way of talking about growth.

"According to Wizards of the Coast, the company that has published D&D since the late ‘90s, over 40 Million people are estimated to have played Dungeons & Dragons."

"Wizards reported a 41% rise in the number of active players (year over year) in 2017, and 52% in 2018. Starter Set sales alone increased 65% year over year in 2018. In fact, EVERY YEAR since D&D’s 5th Edition launched has seen the game’s biggest growth."

Tony Vargas

Legend
"Wizards reported a 41% rise in the number of active players (year over year) in 2017, and 52% in 2018. Starter Set sales alone increased 65% year over year in 2018. In fact, EVERY YEAR since D&D’s 5th Edition launched has seen the game’s biggest growth."
I can't understand why they wouldn't just volunteer the number of active players rather than the growth %, that chart, in particular, with the first bar just data-free.
It's frustrating.
I mean, I can understand, but I don't like what it implies.

Remove ads