• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What IP would you like to see as an RPG?

James Gasik

We don't talk about Pun-Pun
Supporter
Sounds just like an Ultraman game with extra steps :p

Or maybe Godzilla the Series I guess...

You'd have to design a system where multiple player can pitch in to control one giant unit. A similar challenge posed by Power Rangers' Megazord. Curious how that got resolved by Renegade Studio?

Redwall's a good one but I think there's already a game out there where you play woodland critters, no?
Oh I was assuming each player would get their own Kaiju- weaker than the big names like Godzilla, Mothra, Rodan, King Ghidorah, etc., but balanced in that you have a squad of them.

Undrave

Legend
Oh I was assuming each player would get their own Kaiju- weaker than the big names like Godzilla, Mothra, Rodan, King Ghidorah, etc., but balanced in that you have a squad of them.
That would make sense but then you basically have 2 party, with one that only matters in fights... (I guess it could run on the same engine as my proposed Digimon game :p )

But I think that having a shared monster for the party would make it easier to have two different action going on at the same time, with the humans up to something while the monsters battle. I would also assume the Monster fight would be simpler affairs where you're trying to stun the opponent so you can lan your devastating finisher.

J.Quondam

CR 1/8
Redwall's a good one but I think there's already a game out there where you play woodland critters, no?
Yes, there are a several, though as far as I understand, none are specifically Redwall. It's very low-magic, so Mouse Guard might be a good start? My system knowledge is limited, so I'm sure there are others that might be a better fit.

But I think the Redwall world has a enough unique qualities (and following) to make a viable game with a purpose-made system. It's got a defined map and lot of canon, but it's all straightforward enough that a dedicated setting book could be manageable. But most interesting (to me, at least) is its quirkiness, like naming of the seasons and an endearingly obsessive attention to food and feasting. Incorporating that sort of thing into the mechanics is what could really differentiate it from other "little critters" RPGs.

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
V

not V for Vendetta, but V as in Visitors
ShinySeveralGartersnake-max-1mb.gif

James Gasik

We don't talk about Pun-Pun
Supporter
That would make sense but then you basically have 2 party, with one that only matters in fights... (I guess it could run on the same engine as my proposed Digimon game :p )

But I think that having a shared monster for the party would make it easier to have two different action going on at the same time, with the humans up to something while the monsters battle. I would also assume the Monster fight would be simpler affairs where you're trying to stun the opponent so you can lan your devastating finisher.
Possibly, but I figured everyone would want to get in on the monster action. I guess letting the players transform into giants ala Ultraman/Spectreman/Zone Fighter works too. Or having their own Jet Jaguar robots.

Rogerd1

Adventurer
70's-90's Mashup to include things like Knight Rider, Airwolf, Fall Guy, TJ Hooker, A-Team (these two were in shared universe anyway), Ninja Master & Last Ninja, Bionic Man (yeah 70's), Champions (70's too), Kung fu, Dallas, Manimal, Magnum, Highlander TV series. To name but a few.

That I would play to death.

Last edited:

Remove ads