What IP would you like to see as an RPG?

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
There is also a sword & sorcery version - Through Sunken Lands - which takes inspiration from the works of Michael Moorcock, Robert Howard, and Fritz Lieber.
I've never gotten into sword and sorcery as much, or least not since I was a kid. What I have read/seen has been too philosophically pessimistic for my tastes. I did enjoy the aesthetics of stuff like Conan and The Beastmaster, though.

I have wondered what a TTRPG based off of David Bowie would look like.

One based off of M.A.S.H. would also be very interesting.

Personally, I like to fuse Fiasco with low level Mutants and Masterminds to run a campaign in the Venture Brothers world.

I think the Dead of Winter series of board games are about as good as it gets for zombie genre. I mean, you could RPG it, but I think DoW does it best with its crossroads story mechanic. It also focuses on surviving hellish conditions, fighting off zombies, and finding enough supplies all at the same time. What more could an RPG offer?
Dead of Winter does a good job as a board game. I don't see an IP there worthy of licensing, though. The crossroads cards are generic "zombie apocalypse trouble" and the name doesn't have brand recognition. You can do a DoW game with a different name.

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
Dead of Winter does a good job as a board game. I don't see an IP there worthy of licensing, though. The crossroads cards are generic "zombie apocalypse trouble" and the name doesn't have brand recognition. You can do a DoW game with a different name.
I think you can insert any zombie property here in place of DoW. Generic is just as good as Walking Dead or World War Z or whatever as far as I'm concerned. Nothing makes any of them stand out.

I think you can insert any zombie property here in place of DoW. Generic is just as good as Walking Dead or World War Z or whatever as far as I'm concerned. Nothing makes any of them stand out.
Sure, but in terms of IP, TWD, World War Z, and even Zombieland are recognizable by the masses. DoW, not even close.

I'm with you as in any of those can fit a Z-RPG and wouldn't make much of a difference. Except Zombieland, for the tone.

Remove ads