What is/are your most recent TTRPG purchase(s)?

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site
I can get dinner for two in a full service restaurant for $30 without ordering the specials. Midscale if I go with the specials.

I can get a nice, upscale dinner for two for $50.
Where do you live? I'm getting sticker shock at McDonalds.

I'm increasingly aksing myself why I would spend so much money on eating out when I could buy a nice book.

Anyway, the book in question is not cheap, but it is about the only typic of physical book I buy now. Most of my gaming material and novels are consumed digitally these days. But I do occasionally pay a premium for history books, art books, and particularly attractive rule books (especially beasteries and setting books).

Also, I find I reread and page through Art and Arcana, my Goodman Games Original Adventures Reincarnated, and similar history and art books than I do the physical rule books.

pemerton

Legend

aramis erak

Legend
Where do you live? I'm getting sticker shock at McDonalds.

I'm increasingly aksing myself why I would spend so much money on eating out when I could buy a nice book.

Anyway, the book in question is not cheap, but it is about the only typic of physical book I buy now. Most of my gaming material and novels are consumed digitally these days. But I do occasionally pay a premium for history books, art books, and particularly attractive rule books (especially beasteries and setting books).

Also, I find I reread and page through Art and Arcana, my Goodman Games Original Adventures Reincarnated, and similar history and art books than I do the physical rule books.
Oregon, near Corvallis. Shari's and Elmer's run about $12-13 per plate for the things I like.
I'm also old enough to use the seniors menu at some places. (Those two dropped the age requirement for the smaller portion menu a decade ago.) 2/3 the price, 1/2 to 3/5 the food. (WHich implies that the costs of serving, including utensils and the building, is 1/3 the price.)

All the fast foods have jacked up the prices. And Arby's shrank the shakes a size... but not the prices.

Meanwhile games have gone up...

I'll note that prepared food prices here now are what I was used to paying in Anchorage AK a decade ago.

Worth noting the new purchase: I've been too cheap to buy the PDF-only adventures for Dune, but Dune hit Bundle of Holding this week. Nabbed!

Jacob Lewis

Ye Olde GM
I stopped playing games at the table in the last few years. Not too long ago, I also decided that I am uncomfortable running games online for anyone. Now, I mostly dabble with software to write, draw, and otherwise design stuff for myself. Otherwise, I am content to play video games by myself or run solo games using one of the various vtts available.

So, this topic got me thinking about the last, physical TTRPG product I had purchased with the intent (and hope) to actually use it for a game at the table. It wasn't just another cheap bundle I could pass on, or digital assets that were only useful to a specific software program or online service. It was something I was truly excited about and couldn't wait to share with somebody. It was, in fact, the spark that further fueled my renewed interest and focus for my favorite edition for the next few years. As such, I consider it my last truly significant TTRPG purchase, back in 2021:

gardmore.jpg

The last physical product I bought for any rpg was the Pathfinder 2e Beginner Set last year. They were selling out quickly after the big switch over the OGL fiasco. I just happened to find one sitting at a Barnes and Noble. I already had digital versions for at least two vtts. It is still in the original shrink wrap.

teitan

Legend
Planescape and the Marvel RPG books. I really like the Marvel books, I think it looks like a fun pick up game andis very easy to understand. The errata helps clear up some possible issues. Planescape I am still on the fence with.

delericho

Legend
I backed the Kickstarter for Kobold's Gamemaster's Guide, and bought the Phandelver campaign book when I saw a really good offer on Amazon.

I see there's a GM Day sale on over at DM's Guild, which will be my cue to pick up some more Dark Sun PDFs. That's my only planned expenditure in this calendar year.

Remove ads