What is/are your most recent TTRPG purchase(s)?

eyeheartawk

#1 Enworld Jerk™
I got a pre-order in the mail yesterday.

Call of Cthulhu Alone Against the Static
Warhammer 40K Wrath & Glory RPG: Starter Set
Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay: Lustria

I've now basically replaced all my Ulisses Spiele published Wrath and Glory with the better Cubicle 7 versions. I should probably unload those.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
A friend of mine wants to run a 5E campaign set in Hell, but doesn't want to use any of the WotC material, instead theming it around Dante's Inferno and the Lesser Key of Solomon.

Since their birthday is coming up, I decided to get them a print copy of Necromancers of the Northwest's Deluxe Guide to Fiend Summoning and Faustian Bargains (affiliate link), which has full stats for all seventy-two entities from the latter title. Admittedly, it's for PF1, but they also play in our current PF1 Reign of Winter campaign, so they shouldn't have too much trouble translating them to 5E (I hope).

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site
I got a pre-order in the mail yesterday.

Call of Cthulhu Alone Against the Static
Warhammer 40K Wrath & Glory RPG: Starter Set
Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay: Lustria

I've now basically replaced all my Ulisses Spiele published Wrath and Glory with the better Cubicle 7 versions. I should probably unload those.
What do you think about the Lustria book. Tempted to buy it, but I don't see my campaign going there. Would be interested in running my next campaign or mini-campaign there, but I worry about the lack of published adventures for that setting. Another option would be that after I complete my current campaign, the party could have a campaign capstone quest in Lustria. My feeling is that it would be a good setting for a higher-level adventure.

My feeling about WFRP 4e settings is that they have the right amount of detail, are very attractive books, and do a great job sprinkling hooks throughout. But AFAIK, Lustria doesn't yet have the equivalent of an "Ubersreik Adventures" book or any single adventure PDFs.

eyeheartawk

#1 Enworld Jerk™
My feeling about WFRP 4e settings is that they have the right amount of detail, are very attractive books, and do a great job sprinkling hooks throughout. But AFAIK, Lustria doesn't yet have the equivalent of an "Ubersreik Adventures" book or any single adventure PDFs.
I honestly haven't done more than flip through it. But yeah, I'm inclined to agree. I like my WFRP in fake germany doing cult/chaos stuff. Lustria is neat and all, and maybe you can do some "What were the original un-devolved Slaan like?" adventure or something but I am probably unlikely to use it without adventures being made for it too.

Reynard

Legend
Someone posted a link to the Dragonbane PDF/Roll20 VTT bundle on DTRPG and I could not resist the deal. I am not even particularly interested in Dragonbane, just mildly curious, but the total cost of $11 was too good to pass up. Plus, I kind of want to get a sense of what purchased material on Roll20 looks like.

Eyes of Nine

Everything's Fine
Got a gift certificate at the FLGS. Hadn't seen this before.
Nice condition for $30, which is a $20 savings off Noble Knight's price.

Anyone have thoughts on this - the 4e book D&D Plane Above Secrets of the Astral Sea? Looks cool enough, sort of the 4e answer to Spelljammer?

1710138322820.png

pemerton

Legend
Anyone have thoughts on this - the 4e book D&D Plane Above Secrets of the Astral Sea? Looks cool enough, sort of the 4e answer to Spelljammer?
Here's the thread I started back at the time:

Remove ads