What is/are your most recent TTRPG purchase(s)?

Reynard

Legend
Or in other views, a week's groceries, or two round trips to visit family. I had to replace the roof of my house last year, so a book I'd likely read just once, and won't be able to use in the games I'm running, is not a very high priority.
Well, the difference between my example and your example was that mine is also a discretionary purchase. It's apples and oranges and that should be obvious.

Reynard

Legend
It's about his choices with his parameters, not yours. Let the man be.
I was responding to an personal accusation after making a general statement not directed at any particular person.

But this is a discussion better directed at the "expensive hobby" thread so I will take it there.

aramis erak

Legend
It is always frustrating to see people balk at the price a book that is less than dinner for two.
I can get dinner for two in a full service restaurant for $30 without ordering the specials. Midscale if I go with the specials.

I can get a nice, upscale dinner for two for $50.

aco175

Legend
Last weekend at the local convention I bought a few of the old pre-painted minis and a new d20. Not that I needed them, but wanted to support and found a couple that looked somewhat like the PCs I had. The new d20 looked good and easy to read, but turned out to be slightly larger than the old ones I have so it did not fit in the plastic case I had at home and be able to close the lid. So, now I'm looking for a new dice case that also fits some pencils and minis. I suppose I could use the one I took to the convention, but always looking for the better one.

I picked up Call of Cthulhu “Doors to Darkness” about a month ago. I’ve used one of the scenarios so far (Genius Loci) and will eventually run the rest of them, so I’m happy with my purchase.

Remove ads