Spelljammer What is Spelljammer, video interview with Chris Perkins

SkidAce

Legend
Supporter

All this tracks. But what are you seeing when you look up at the night sky from a planet's surface? Becayse you sure as heck aren't seeing Wildspace.
Maybe the colorful wildspace is in the middle of the galaxy, and from somewhere out on the edge it would look like our Earth's?

Some interesting things I noticed on the map are two dead Gods near Realmspace, Doomspace Wildspace near Realmspace, and Astral Domions? Are those the other Planes? They don't seem to be arranged in a wheel, rather they are staggered through the Astral like Wildspace systems.
The Outer Planes were never actually in a Wheel Shape except in the portals in the Outlands, which is implied to be where the Wheel Shape came from in design model. In the Astral Plane they were stated to be all over the place.
Oooh! Do the dead gods or dominions resemble anything? I think they seem familiar to me.

This dead god
s5IYQ7E.png

It looks a bit like Tu'narath the Githyanki city.
e2MM9XB.png

HaroldTheHobbit

Adventurer
I was one of the sPElLjAmMeR!1! crowd and was looking forward to the book, even if it included the astral plane. But from how Wiz describe it now, I actually think I'll pass on this one.

The party in my current campaign is full on spelljamming, which I have based on homebrewing from the old material and some good DM's Guild stuff. And that's how I'll keep going it seems.

The Outer Planes were never actually in a Wheel Shape except in the portals in the Outlands, which is implied to be where the Wheel Shape came from in design model. In the Astral Plane they were stated to be all over the place.

This dead god
s5IYQ7E.png

It looks a bit like Tu'narath the Githyanki city.
e2MM9XB.png

Nice observation skills, I guess Tu'narath is now one of the Forgotten Realms closest neighbours.

Remove ads