What is the 2nd controler ?

gothmaugCC

First Post
I think the 8 "confirmed" classes and thier roles are pretty much set.

We might see a 9th class, but I doubt it.

So, as of now, wizard looks to be the only controller.

As for rangers as controllers, well World of warcraft did it pretty well. Rangers (hunters) can set traps to slow/capture/AoE foes, have area of effect "hail of arrows", can use thier animal companion to hinder enemies, and get a number of specialized shots that can slow, stun, or hinder opponents. So yes, I could see a ranger as a controller, but I doubt that WoTC went that route. My guess is rangers became legolas from the LoTR movies, and sit firmly with the striker mantle upon thier shoulders.

med stud

First Post
In the coming MMORPG "Age of Conan" there are two nature mages, Lightning Druid and Bear Shaman. Those classes looks like the 3e druid split into one blaster and one shifter/fighter. I think a more pure caster version of the druid could be a controller with access to elemental forces and the like.

Hella_Tellah

Explorer
med stud said:
In the coming MMORPG "Age of Conan" there are two nature mages, Lightning Druid and Bear Shaman. Those classes looks like the 3e druid split into one blaster and one shifter/fighter. I think a more pure caster version of the druid could be a controller with access to elemental forces and the like.

Definitely. I'd love to see the Druid as a straight-up caster without all the trappings of extra class abilities. Let her cast a spell to turn into a bear or charm an animal, if she likes.

Remove ads