• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What is the best overland adventure (NOT a Poll)

ColonelHardisson

What? Me Worry?
ashockney said:
I just ran Lost Caverns of Tsojcanth a couple of times (updated to 3.5), and the beginning part of the module (non-tournament piece) has a nice overland component. I enjoyed it because there was a real "search" component to it, with a player map, and a DM's map. The players had to find the right spot. The encounters they ran into while travelling were all over the boards (in typical Gygax style), which will keep your players on their toes, and provides for a fun night of gaming.

Tsojcanth is the module that leaped to mind when I saw this thread. Couple it with its companion, aforementioned Forgotten Temple of Tharizdun, and there is a lot of overland stuff going on. I suggest placing all the random encounters on the DM map rather than rolling randomly. I'd also suggest adding in a few set pieces, like a fortress or two from Seven Strongholds, or the raptoran village from Races of the Wild.

Remove ads