WotC What is the last WotC adventure you played in or DM'd?

Voadam

Legend
I mostly DM modules but it has been a long while since I used a WotC module. I am currently running the pathfinder Iron Gods adventure path converted to 5e, and before that I was running the Pathfinder Carrion Crown AP converted to 5e. Before that in Pathfinder I ran the Reign of Winter Adventure Path and the Freeport Trilogy plus a bunch of one off OGL modules. I use WotC's 5e game, but I mostly use OGL modules and have for a while.

I think I have to go back to the 3.5 era before Pathfinder when I last ran a WotC module and there it was a 3.0 module, Lord of the Iron Fortress. I used some of their short free online ones in that era as well.*

As a player I was in a 5e Curse of Strahd game that ended about two years ago. Before that it would have to be one of the 4e modules, I think the Giants one was the last I played in.

How about for you? What was the last WotC adventure you DM'd and/or played in, and when? If you use modules are they mostly WotC, OGL, or DM's Guild?

Edit* A reference to Tales of the Yawning Portal below reminded me that I actually ran two 5e one shots of White Plume Mountain from Tales of the Yawning Portal a couple years ago. As a quick one-shot it really helped that I had run the 1e version before and still have it.

Last edited:

S'mon

Legend
I ran Princes of the Apocalypse sigh, along with the first two Tales from the Yawning Portal adventures. PoTA was so weak I switched to third party almost exclusively. But I also recently GM'd a Lost Mine of Phandelver/Dragon of Icespire Peak mashup. Icespire Peak is actually better than I expected!

DND_Reborn

The High Aldwin
Just finished playing in Forge of Fury (Tales from the Yawning Portal) and I am currently DMing Rime of the Frostmaiden for the 2nd time (different group).

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
I recently played in the lost mines of phandelver, it was pretty fun. Became a little easier for my dwarf wizard to survive once I got the staff of defence.

I mostly create my own adventures for players to run through, though during covid we took a break from our regular campaign and I created a mini campaign using the old Thunder Rift adventures, barely any conversion needed since most of it (ie, the monsters) have already been made so you just drop in the 5e version.

GDGD

microscopic
As far as official D&D adventures, I like 80s and 90s stuff mainly, although the 3.0 edition modules were generally quite good as well. Last one I ran was Against the Cult of the Reptile God for my nephews. I shy away from anything official published in the last 15 years or so as I find 3PP adventures to be superior.

Voadam

Legend
Just finished playing in Forge of Fury (Tales from the Yawning Portal) and I am currently DMing Rime of the Frostmaiden for the 2nd time (different group).
Oh! I DM'd the 5e version of White Plume Mountain from Tales of the Yawning Portal in a one shot. Twice even. A couple years ago but that makes the most recent WotC one more recent than the 3.5 era for me. :)

Muso

Explorer
We finished Curse of Strahd about one year ago. Now playing Brancalonia but we will play Tomb of Annihilation soon (this autumn I guess).

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
Rise of Tiamat and maybe the one that came before it. I was a player and did not think much of it at all.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases