WotC What is the last WotC adventure you played in or DM'd?

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
Uh .... probably Phandelver.

I am quite adept at running sandboxed and at converting BECMI and 1e adventures "on the fly," so while I have mined some WoTC adventures for ideas, I haven't run them. When running Saltmarsh, I just run U1-U3, not the re-release.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
How about for you? What was the last WotC adventure you DM'd and/or played in, and when? If you use modules are they mostly WotC, OGL, or DM's Guild?
An extremely OK Candlekeep Mysteries adventure, when several players dropped out of the adventure but the rest of the group wanted to play and I wanted a quickie to run.

I have run adventures from DriveThruRPG and DMs Guild and they run the gamut of quality, from terrible to great. I think DTRPG ones tend to be better, but I've had some real duds there, too, so it's not a guarantee of quality.

I mostly prefer to run my own stuff, although building even a good five-room dungeon takes time for me.

EDIT: Wait, I'm wrong. Last fall I ran folks through the Yawning Portal version of the Tomb of Horrors. They only got about three rooms in, but had a good time.

ShadoWWW

Explorer
The last one was Descent Into Avernus. I hated how they've fired Mike Mearls. Tasha was the first 5E product I didn't buy and hasn't bought anything since then. Our group switched to Forbidden Lands later on.

Oofta

Legend
LMoP when 5E was just released and we didn't even have a DMG or MM. Before that ... I probably ran something for AL.

I rarely purchase modules, if I do it's to use them as a resource for ideas since I do a much more sandbox style campaign. I've never really cared for running modules, and only did it for public play because it was a requirement. I simply find running a homebrew campaign less work and more enjoyable.

mcmillan

Adventurer
Ran a modified bit from Phandelver, and was planning to run Forge of Fury and/or White Plume Mountain from Tales of Yawning portal and maybe some adventures from Candlekeep Mysteries or Radiant Citadel. Was actually looking forward to seeing what the Keys From the Golden Vault since the anthology books have been a better fit for me to take a small part and adapt to my group. The OGL situation has made me actually think about things and realize I've actually run very little WOTC books since 4e, compared to OGL and DMs Guild material

Remove ads