D&D General What is the most you've spent on a gaming accessory?

What's the most you've spent on a single TTRPG accessory/accoutrement/home renovation?

• 1. $50 or less.

Votes: 6 12.0%
  • 2. $51-$100.

Votes: 8 16.0%
  • 3. $101-$500.

Votes: 24 48.0%
  • 4. $501-$1000

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • 5. $1001-$5000

Votes: 5 10.0%
  • 6. $5001-$20000

Votes: 3 6.0%
  • 7. I have a story for you ....

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Poll closed .

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
The title of the thread says it all!

I was looking at this thread:

And thinking two different thoughts-
First, pretty pretty pretty cool. I'd like me one of those Efreeti statues!
Second, brah, two-fitty? That's more than I want to spend!

...or is it? We all know that, to paraphrase various Spider-Man origin stories, "With great age comes great disposable income, and great responsibility to blow that cash on cool stuff, 'cuz it's not like you want your useless children to inherit it. They'll just blow it all on (flips through book of not-very-current insults) .... avocado toast, or something."

But the thing is, while I blow my hard-earned money on 99 different things, RPGs ain't one. But I know other people do! Whether it's the Efreeti statue, or insanely expensive dice with sapphires in them, or rare versions of books, or a whole special gaming room like Joe Manganiello.

I'm putting in a poll, and please put in your own comments. I apologize for using dollars, but ... feel free to mentally convert it to Federation Credits.

Fanaelialae

Legend
I voted $100-500. I'm fairly certain that it was $404 for the Dwarven Forge City Builder. Although if you include all of the Dwarven Forge tiles I've bought, it would be the next category up.

Scribe

Legend
The title of the thread says it all!

I was looking at this thread:

And thinking two different thoughts-
First, pretty pretty pretty cool. I'd like me one of those Efreeti statues!
Second, brah, two-fitty? That's more than I want to spend!

...or is it? We all know that, to paraphrase various Spider-Man origin stories, "With great age comes great disposable income, and great responsibility to blow that cash on cool stuff, 'cuz it's not like you want your useless children to inherit it. They'll just blow it all on (flips through book of not-very-current insults) .... avocado toast, or something."

But the thing is, while I blow my hard-earned money on 99 different things, RPGs ain't one. But I know other people do! Whether it's the Efreeti statue, or insanely expensive dice with sapphires in them, or rare versions of books, or a whole special gaming room like Joe Manganiello.

I'm putting in a poll, and please put in your own comments. I apologize for using dollars, but ... feel free to mentally convert it to Federation Credits.
I played Warhammer Fantasy Battle (multiple armies) 40K (way too many) and even HH with a full Forge World army...

If those count as accessories, it's a sad total.

Marc_C

Solitary Role Playing
Furniture and book shelves for my gaming room. Probably between 501$ to 1000$. Closer to 1000$.

I won't pay more than 30$ for a D&D miniature or an accessory. I did buy 40K models at 80$-100$ but I'm cured of that disease. Likewise I would never buy vintage TSR stuff on eBay, for a fortune.

dragoner

KosmicRPG.com
The rub lies in the single object, as I think most expensive were in total staying at GenCon, and boy does one see people dropping cash on stuff, like the $1,000 custom engraved dice, seen that. I am the bulk dice at the chessex booth kind of person, and even then I have way too many dice. Oh well, lub me some polys. Usually what I spend is often less than $100, but going into the hobby shop, it is easy to walk out with $200-300 worth of merch. So anywhere from $70 to $300 if counting like a hotel room.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases