D&D General What is the most you've spent on a gaming accessory?

What's the most you've spent on a single TTRPG accessory/accoutrement/home renovation?

• 1. $50 or less.

Votes: 6 12.0%
  • 2. $51-$100.

Votes: 8 16.0%
  • 3. $101-$500.

Votes: 24 48.0%
  • 4. $501-$1000

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • 5. $1001-$5000

Votes: 5 10.0%
  • 6. $5001-$20000

Votes: 3 6.0%
  • 7. I have a story for you ....

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Poll closed .

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
Single gaming accessory/product? That'd be the somewhat battered copy of Tegal Manor I picked up 10-ish years back at something north of $100 US.

Single biggest expenditure on gaming overall? Pick any one of several trips to GenCon over the years; just hotels and transport end up over $2K US....

The most I've splurged was on a shockingly pristine copy of the original Wilderlands of High Fantasy, around $280. I definitely got heart palpitations clicking "Buy Now."

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
The absolute most I've ever spent on any single gaming accessory was $95 for a near-mint copy of the D&D Companion Rules boxed set, to complete my collection. I also had to pay ~$15 or so in shipping, because I bought it off of Ebay. So all told, I paid about $110.

I have no regrets.

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
The title of the thread says it all!
Actually, the title does not say it all. Based on the title alone, it's over 2000 $, because I use my computer to play video games and they used to be more expensive back in the day.

However, you did specify in the poll title, so I have decided to forgive you :p

I played Warhammer Fantasy Battle (multiple armies) 40K (way too many) and even HH with a full Forge World army...

If those count as accessories, it's a sad total.
not WHF, but the same company.... the mighty Mumak from WG's LOTR range... at the time I bought it, it was about $60, nowadays, it's around $80. Yeah, that's a lot... but have you seen it? It's cool!

Radaceus

Adventurer
$1000ish

we bought a fridge for Christmas, and spent Christmas day converting all the polystyrene into a multi-level fortess to scale .

Remove ads