• Home Brew

Votes: 31 21.1%
  • Other -- please specify in your post.

Votes: 39 26.5%

• Poll closed .

Talindra

First Post
New Poll.

<Edit>...first time using the poll feture. My original subject was New Poll. Had to change it....:p

Last edited:

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
You might want to change the subject from "New Poll" to "Favorite campaign setting" or similar. If you're looking for opinions, you might want to tell people the general topic.

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
I'm undecided at the moment...

Oh, and BTW, this is not a Rules question, so it now takes a little walk over to General Discussion. :)

Reprisal

First Post
The Kingdoms of Kalamar

My personal favourite would be the Kingdoms of Kalamar Capaign setting put out by Kenzer and Co. simply because it was the first setting I ever really picked up, read and made my own. Sure, I've made myself a few impromptu settings for a quick campaign, but Kalamar gave me something quite cool to work with and build upon.

At heart I'm a political junkie, so I dig the background stuff that is either directly or indirectly alluded to in the book. I regret, however, that I've only had the chance to run a single campaign so far...

It was basically a campaign that revolved around conflicts the Kingdom of Eldor was involved in... I introduced gunpowder of gnomish design and dwarven manufacture, and thereby annihilated the elven Realm of Lendelwood which held a great strategic resource value to the King of Eldor, Brenbol the First. Soon afterward, the PCs struck out on their own, and one began pushing the design of Final Fantasy-esque sky ships to the Kingdom of Cosdol (the most magically capable nation in the West).

This began a great arms race between Cosdol and Eldor. It culminated in the reunification of Mendarn, Cosdol and Eldor into Greater Brandobia.

It was a good campaign, in my opinion anyway, but I think I'll go back and make it that the airships were in fact more akin to zepplins without the hydrogen than they were FF-esque airships...

Further down the road, I intend to keep my timeline going, since I've all my notes from before, hehe.

In any event, I like the Kingdoms of Kalamar. :cool:

Kichwas

Half-breed, still living despite WotC racism
Was this poll made just because Kingdoms of Kalamar was doing so well in the other poll of the exact same topic?

MasterOfHeaven

First Post
Arcady

Actually I'm rather sure Talindra wasn't even aware of the other poll, seeing as how this thread was originally posted in the D&D rules forum. Lighten up, I doubt anyone would make another poll just because they don't like KoK.

Tsyr

Explorer
Other published D20 setting - Loerem

And I agree... assuming that this poll was started just because your favorite system was ahead (Not in the lead mind, just ahead of most) is sorta like a paranoid conspiracy theory...

Remove ads