what isn't an rpg that should be?

RetroGameView

First Post
I continue to wonder why there isn't a Codex Alera RPG. I know the Dresden Files is very popular, but I think the setting of Codex Alera would be just perfect for an RPG.

lehcym

First Post
Why always a rpg where you play some kind of warrior ? Why not a lighter universe where you play a Looney Tune ?

Otherwise, Fallout.

dm4hire

Explorer
Two really good ideas that came to me today.

The Star Wars - based on the limited run comic book series (soon to be trade-back) based on the original screenplay by George Lucas. Would be great because it would be self contained, plenty of room for the GM and players to take the universe in the direction they want without anyone complaining about how that's not how things happened after it ended... because there is nothing after it.

The other came while replying to another thread...

The Star Trek mirror universe. Some of the best episodes of Star Trek show the alternate universe where everyone advances through back stabbing. Outside of the few episodes and a few books there isn't much material so it leaves a lot of room for groups to do as they want. You could design the game to be played in multiple ways, either fighting against the Terran Empire or serving it or using other variations as presented in the different materials.

These could just as easily be done as settings, rather than complete games:

League of Extraordinary Gentlemen

Hellraiser

Fables

Hellblazer/Constantine (the real version, not the ridiculous one they're publishing right now)

The Invisibles

Remove ads