what isn't an rpg that should be?

Selkirk

First Post
aka why isn't there a he-man rpg :D. just started this one to get people's ideas on properties/licenses that should be rpg's. could also be properties that have been made but for all intents and purposes have been long abandoned. these do not have to be commercial properties (grimm brothers tales for instance) ...and of course some things should just be left alone... magnum p.i. the rpg? :.-(....:D

Last edited:

dm4hire

Explorer
Thundercats was one I always thought should have an RPG. Harry Potter, but she is against role-playing from what I read somewhere. Narnia would be interesting.

An IP game that use to exist (briefly) but should be brought back... Dune.

Selkirk

First Post
loving these guys... even tho im more of a fantasy rpger i would love to see a dune rpg redone(maybe based more on the david lynch film than on the books...the books are pretty difficult reads :.-( ) and dreadstar is definitely a killer property...so much damn angst in one comic :D.

Stormonu

Legend
Alien(s) (vs. Predator) is on the top of my list. There was an alien RPG that came out following the Aliens movie, but I haven't been able to find a copy, and it has been long abandoned.

Also, a Transformers RPG. And G.I. joe for that matter (I believe there is a Savage Worlds spinnoff, but an "official" version with stats for all the joes - and cobra units - would make me squee).

And an official Pokemon RPG. How there is a card game, but no RPG is baffling.

sabrinathecat

Explorer
almost anything can be done with the WEG d6 system...

but there are lots of 80s and 90s properties I'd like to see developed as RPGs
ExoSquad
Transformers
Gargoyles (though that could be done pretty well through "NightLife")
G.I.Joe
StrikeForce: Morituri
Bionic 6
Inspector Gadget
SuperNatural
HardyBoys
SilverHawks
Blackstar
Men Who Stare at Goats

Remove ads