What Kind of Quest do you do for a Water God?

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter

*snerk!* Good one!

Thanks for all your suggestions, guys! I ended up having the group being tasked to go to an isolated temple of Istishia, once a retreat, but abandoned due to some crises elsewhere. Nearly simultaneously, the pure waters of the temple had gone sour. The group had to travel to the temple, figure out why the springs had gone bad, clear them and get them flowing again, as well as clearing out things that had moved in in the interim.

If they end up needing a favor in the future of Istishia's temple, I'll definitely keep some of these others in mind! :)

Some place the god of water might not be able to go (somewhere in the desert, in an ice-covered region?) to retrieve something or someone.

Maybe the God of Waters daughter was captured by Djinnsand is tortured in the Elemental Chaos/Plane of Fire.
Of course, you might also want a twist - maybe she isn't tortured there, but revered by Djinns because the God of Water refused their worshippers and clerics - she is a patron of the Djinns Smiths (who need water to cool off the metal products they produce - heating them up is easy for them, but getting it too cool off and harden?).

Herobizkit

Adventurer
A bit late to the party, but since Kossuth and Istishia are such bitter rivals, seems to me that Water would want itself to expand while also lessening its enemy. I would have put them on a boat trip (so they may acknowledge and marvel at Water's dominance) to a desert island and had them make a temple oasis. From scratch. :3

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
Water Boy - that flask of artic water, so pure. Think of it of an antidote to a poison affecting the god in question.

Jason - Let loose the Kraken, quest to recover the stolen keys to the cage before the big bad lets it out.

Mermaids - have to relocate or protect from land based population or a inland sea that is drying up.

The Great Flood - build a boat and save as much as you can from a valley before it floods and is taken over by the water god.

StoneKobold

First Post
My first thought is to retrieve an item that the faith would find holy, either a lost magic item, or something like a giant flawless pearl.

You could modify the Taboo island portion of the Isle of Dread adventure, making the big black pearl there the goal, with the caveat that in order to honor the Water God whilst fetching the item, no "water creatures", like the giant oyster itself, the sharks, maybe even the kuo-toa (depending on how mean you feel) may be harmed.

Remove ads