What Kinds of Computer Geeks Inhabit EN World?

What kind of computer geek are you?

• [B]The Supreme Computer Geek[/B] - Holder of one or more degrees in Computer Geek Science plus nume

Votes: 10 6.5%
  • [B]Ultra Computer Geek[/B] - Possibly one degree in Computer Geek Science and numerous Industry Geek

Votes: 24 15.7%
  • [B]Super Computer Geek[/B] - Numerous Industry Geek Certifcations and lots of Self Taught Computer G

Votes: 18 11.8%
  • [B]Aspiring Computer Geek[/B] - Maybe one Industry Geek Certification and a good deal of Self Taught

Votes: 34 22.2%
  • [B]Wannabe Computer Geek[/B] - Some Self Taught Computer Geek skills and lots of PC Gaming Geek know

Votes: 47 30.7%
  • [B]Computer Geek[/B] - No skills to speak of, just spends all day on line

• [B]Other[/B] - "I'm not a GEEK!!"

Psionicist

Explorer
fsck said:
That apple dig hurts...

But actually, they are shared on the ISDN (single line, 2B channel 128k aggregate). The modem is back-up for when ISDN is out.

The real problem, since you were polite enough to be my only taker, is a lack of adequate backup hardware! How the hell, as a consumer/home user, do you backup 200GB+ of disk?!

The cheapest and smoothest way would probably be to buy two cheap 120gb low speed IDE drives for 230$ each. Those backup stations are damn expensive.

Ace

Adventurer
If I am a "super geek" with my 2 certs and personal experience than I am a pretty lame super way more "Arthur" than Kal-El.

drothgery

First Post
EverSoar said:
Heh, I can program in more languages than i can speak.

Yes, but that's really only impressive if you can speak a lot of languages. Knowing 4-5 programming languages isn't a big deal; speaking 4 languages is.

I mean, I've coded in C, C++, Perl, Java, Visual Basic, VBScript, VB.NET, SQL, XSLT (which unlike HTML or XML, counts as a language), PHP (just enough to realize that I don't like it), JavaScript, C#, Scheme, and Prolog. Admittedly, C and C++ were only for class work in college for the most part; same deal with Scheme and Prolog, only I used them far less. And C# and Java have been largely experimental work; most of what I do is in 'Classic' VB and VBScript, with more and more VB.NET working it's way into the mix -- and a lot of SQL and a little JavaScript.

Uller

Adventurer
Ashrum the Black said:
computer engineer working for EDS, home of the geek

You too, Ashrum? My company is a recent conquest of the ever growing EDS empire! (formerly UGS(formerly EAI)...three letters....WHY is it always three letters? Probably because it's a front for the CIA...did I write that? Nevermind...)

Last edited:

Remove ads