• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What Kinds of Computer Geeks Inhabit EN World?

What kind of computer geek are you?

• [B]The Supreme Computer Geek[/B] - Holder of one or more degrees in Computer Geek Science plus nume

Votes: 10 6.5%
  • [B]Ultra Computer Geek[/B] - Possibly one degree in Computer Geek Science and numerous Industry Geek

Votes: 24 15.7%
  • [B]Super Computer Geek[/B] - Numerous Industry Geek Certifcations and lots of Self Taught Computer G

Votes: 18 11.8%
  • [B]Aspiring Computer Geek[/B] - Maybe one Industry Geek Certification and a good deal of Self Taught

Votes: 34 22.2%
  • [B]Wannabe Computer Geek[/B] - Some Self Taught Computer Geek skills and lots of PC Gaming Geek know

Votes: 47 30.7%
  • [B]Computer Geek[/B] - No skills to speak of, just spends all day on line

• [B]Other[/B] - "I'm not a GEEK!!"

Psionicist

Explorer
fsck said:
That apple dig hurts...

But actually, they are shared on the ISDN (single line, 2B channel 128k aggregate). The modem is back-up for when ISDN is out.

The real problem, since you were polite enough to be my only taker, is a lack of adequate backup hardware! How the hell, as a consumer/home user, do you backup 200GB+ of disk?!

The cheapest and smoothest way would probably be to buy two cheap 120gb low speed IDE drives for 230$ each. Those backup stations are damn expensive.

Ace

Adventurer
If I am a "super geek" with my 2 certs and personal experience than I am a pretty lame super way more "Arthur" than Kal-El.

drothgery

First Post
EverSoar said:
Heh, I can program in more languages than i can speak.

Yes, but that's really only impressive if you can speak a lot of languages. Knowing 4-5 programming languages isn't a big deal; speaking 4 languages is.

I mean, I've coded in C, C++, Perl, Java, Visual Basic, VBScript, VB.NET, SQL, XSLT (which unlike HTML or XML, counts as a language), PHP (just enough to realize that I don't like it), JavaScript, C#, Scheme, and Prolog. Admittedly, C and C++ were only for class work in college for the most part; same deal with Scheme and Prolog, only I used them far less. And C# and Java have been largely experimental work; most of what I do is in 'Classic' VB and VBScript, with more and more VB.NET working it's way into the mix -- and a lot of SQL and a little JavaScript.

Uller

Adventurer
Ashrum the Black said:
computer engineer working for EDS, home of the geek

You too, Ashrum? My company is a recent conquest of the ever growing EDS empire! (formerly UGS(formerly EAI)...three letters....WHY is it always three letters? Probably because it's a front for the CIA...did I write that? Nevermind...)

Last edited:

Remove ads