D&D 5E What level did your MOST RECENT campaign get to?

Shiroiken

Legend
As a DM, I ended my last campaign at level 8. It was based in Saltmarsh, focusing on the original trilogy of adventures. The story had reached its natural conclusion, and while I could have continued running it, I decided to take a hiatus instead.

As a player, we're currently level 16 having concluded the main adventure of Avernus. We've returned to the Realms and the DM has added additional stuff based on our backgrounds and histories to give a greater sense of closure. Likely it will end at levels 17-18, but it might go all the way to 20.

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
Last finished campaign as a player - 13th (Avernus)
Campaign on hiatus - 12th (Ancient Greek homebrew, "Vesta")
Current campaign - 7th (Strahd)
Last finished campaign as a DM - all the way. (10th, int he 10 level 13th Age d20 system)

pming

Legend
Hiya!

That'd be about 6th; highest PC was 7th (only one), then one 6th, and two 5th and two 4th (I think that was it...pretty close anyway). It was so far to date, the highest level PC's we've had since starting 5e back in 2014.

^_^

Paul L. Ming

most recent you say, let me see!

currently running
  • Embers of the Last War - lvl 8
  • Lord of Madness - lvl 19

currently playing
  • Adventures in Wildemount - lvl 3
  • The Shademurk - lvl 10
  • Ghenghini's Travels to Nosdoral - lvl 13

hopeless

Adventurer
Just reached 4th level in a campaign set in Exandria a century before Vox Machina.
The game I was playing in the DM couldn't keep his story straight so I ran my game to explain why my character was banished from Exandria.
He liked it so much he decided to port it over despite the fact that doesn't work and once he confirmed what he was doing I quit the group.
No point wasting my time when he clearly didn't give a damn.
Sorry that still annoys the hell out of me I'm not saying I didn't make mistakes but that as far as I'm concerned was a step too far.

Last edited:

A lot of '13th level' finishes here.

Levels 14-20 go past in a flash. Around 2 sessions each. A particularly challenging session can get you an entire level, and a session with a lot of talking increases the number by 1.

If you've gone that high, literally 14 more sessions get you to 20th.

Reynard

Legend
Just reached 4th level in a campaign set in Exandria a century before Vox Machina.
The game I was playing in the DM couldn't keep his story straight so I ran my game to explain why my character was banished from Exandria.
He liked it so much he decided to port it over despite the fact that doesn't work and once he confirmed what he was doing I quit the group.
No point wasting my time when he clearly didn't give a damn.
Sorry that still annoys the hell out of me I'm not saying I didn't make mistakes but that as far as I'm concerned was a step too far.
At the risk of derailing: I don't quite understand what happened. Can you explain?

Remove ads